Passed CWTS

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by GiddyG, Nov 2, 2009.

1. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

I decided to book the CWTS exam today. It's a 90 minute exam with 60 questions. I used the CWTS Official Study Guide and the Online Practice Test that you can buy through the CWNP.

Anyway, I passed... :D

It was harder than I thought, to be honest. I would say that my general networking knowledge (and studies from the days of doing my Net+) came in very handy.

Next up I am going to study the CWNA. Got the book ordered...

Oh, and I will be updating the post about the remainign chapters in the CWTS Official Study Guide.

John

2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Hey, congrats and well done ! :biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Very well done mate, think you deserve a nice bottle of red for that :D

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  5. GiddyG

Thanks guys...

6. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. GiddyG

Thanks Ken.

8. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

You're going to have to let us know how you get on with the CWNA, that's something that I may consider...

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  9. GiddyG

I will do Ken. Got the CWNA book ordered, and the bit between my teeth. :)

I thoroughly enjoyed the intro to WLANs that is the CWTS. The CWTS book is an excellent read, both interesting and enjoyable and flows really well. It doesn't pretend to be what it isn't. You can tell that the chap, Robert J Bartz, knows his stuff.

I am hoping the CWNA book, written by a certain Mr Coleman - one-timer contributor to this very forum - will be another in the same mould.

10. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass :thumbleft

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  11. GiddyG

Thanks mate.

12. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Missed this one, well done chap!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  13. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Congrats and well done on the pass:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  14. GiddyG

Thanks for the congrats... and I took and passed the CWNA on 8th December. I used the CWNA Official Study Guide (I read it twice), some really good info off the GT Hill site, the official Online Practice tests at CWNP, as well as a re-read of the CWTS Official Study Guide.

Oh, and the CD that comes with the CWNA guide has loads of extra info on it, like white papers and suchlike that are a definite 'must read'.

Words of warning: You cannot go back in the exam - either the CWTS or the CWNA. Be prepared because, if you've only done MS exams before, it can be a bit of a shock.

WLANs are a truly fascinating subject; I've just touched the tip of the iceberg. I also aim to have a look at the CWSP when the new Sybex guide comes out in Feb 2010.

Next up for me is possibly the 70-680, followed by CCENT and CCNA. Just sorting out lab kit... thanks to Craigie and Cisco Lab Rat for really useful input there... cheers guys! Then the intention is to have a look at CCNA:Wireless.

TTFN

15. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Congrats Giddy!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  16. GiddyG

Thanks prof.