Passed CCNA

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by Sonicimage, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Sonicimage

Sonicimage Bit Poster

Hi guys,

I passed ICND1 at the beginning of July with 98%, and this week passed ICND2 with 97%, studying at home on my own, watching videos, reading Paul Browning's book and practicing on live online labs and in Packet Tracer. I heard a few times that it's not possible to pass CCNA without attending instructor-led classes as the material and exams are extremely difficult.

It turned out not to be true - I found neither material nor the exams to be too difficult: if you know how to study and you have the proper material, you don't need to attend a class to pass CCNA. Of course you need to do lots of practicing to resolve SIMS on the exam, but they are quite comprehensive. Good luck to all who are studying towards it!

Certifications: Bachelor of Art; City & Guilds Diploma in ICT Systems Level 2 & 3; MCTS: Active Directory; MCTS: Network Infrastructure; MCTS: Windows 7, Configuring; MCSA: Server 2008; CCENT; CCNA; MCSE: Server 2012
    WIP: MCSE: Server Infrastructure
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass, what's next on your hit list? :)

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Sonicimage

Sonicimage Bit Poster

Now going back to Server 2012 - I was in the middle of 70-417 when decided to study for CCNA.
    After 417 I'm planning to do MCSE.

Certifications: Bachelor of Art; City & Guilds Diploma in ICT Systems Level 2 & 3; MCTS: Active Directory; MCTS: Network Infrastructure; MCTS: Windows 7, Configuring; MCSA: Server 2008; CCENT; CCNA; MCSE: Server 2012
    WIP: MCSE: Server Infrastructure
  4. rocdamike

rocdamike Byte Poster Gold Member

Awesome scores. Well done! :)

Certifications: F5 CTS, LTM | F5-CA | CCNA: Sec | CCNA: R&S | ITIL Foundation
    WIP: AWS Solutions Architect