Passed Apple Certified Associate: Mac Integration 10.6!

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by chrism, Jun 7, 2011.

1. chrism

chrism Bit Poster

I am now an Apple Certified Associate! Mac Integration 10.6 :D

After a bit of a break from the world of I.T. I thought I would check out Certforums and get some new qualifications under my belt. I had been going to do either Network+ or CCENT but thought it would be good to add an Apple cert to my Microsoft qualifications and it was a quicker exam for me to prepare for than the others.

Quite chuffed I have passed and now deciding which one to move onto next!

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ACA
    WIP: Still to be decided!
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  4. DryPlate

DryPlate Nibble Poster

Congrats.. I'm doing some quick studying for ACA before I take on EDST 7 & Network+.

For those of you who don't know, Apple Certified Associate covers integrating a Mac computer on in a Active Directory or LDAP environment. There is a free training book you can download from the Apple site, the exam is $65 and you can take it online from home. It's kind of a "lite" certification to get more IT folks to understand and recognize Apple's functionality in a domain environment.

You can also look at Apple Certified Support Professional, Technical Coordinator, Administrator and Certified Trainer which are on par with what companies like Microsoft do.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
    Certifications: CompTIA A+, MCDST, Apple Certified Associate
    WIP: CompTIA Network+, MCITP: EDST 7
  5. systempsyche

systempsyche Nibble Poster

well done, how was it? was it more difficult?

Certifications: A+, network+, server+, mcdst, mcp, ccent
    WIP: mac integration, ACSP, ACTC
  6. chrism

chrism Bit Poster

Thanks everyone.

As DryPlate says it's a fairly basic Apple exam and they have a free 78 page pdf on their website that covers most of the stuff required for it. Some basic Apple knowledge as well as general Windows/networking background will cover you for the other bits not covered in the guide.

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ACA
    WIP: Still to be decided!