passed and what to do next

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by volume, Sep 25, 2009.

1. volume

volume Nibble Poster

Exam 70-621:
    Pro: Upgrading your MCDST Certification to MCITP Enterprise Support

Hey guys a passed ma 70-621 today and now MCITP Enterprise Support :D 900 in first section and 920 in the 2nd section :D

now what should I do next ??

I really dont know what to do now :P

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
    Certifications: 70-722, 70-721, 70-621
    WIP: 70-720, 790, 791
  2. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

If you update your profile with the certs you've already passed and tell us what your current job situation/role is, we may be able to help (your signature shows that you've passed an MCDST, but there's also some useful fields you can update in your profile under the location/age/etc section specifically mentioning the exams you've done).

After all telling you to study for something like a CISSP would be ridiculous if you don't have 5 years of experience in Security, or recommending an MCITP in Exchange 2007 if you've never touched a messaging system in your life.

But if we knew things like:
    a) you currently work for a company doing servicedesk support
    b) and you've got an MCDST plus upgrade exams for this and nothing else

Then we might tell you to try for an A+ and N+ from CompTIA, and maybe the 680 for Windows 7 if you're looking to expand your knowledge.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
    Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  3. volume

volume Nibble Poster

But if we knew things like:
    a) at the moment i work for virgin media in customer care and tech support thats only part time though as am still at college doing my HND in computing they are also putting me through my MCSA doing the 720, 290, and 291. We do one exam per block so we will be going the 720 at christmas time but with all this time outside college I would rather get through it or do something else

b) and yeah just for the mcdst and done the 621 today to upgrade it

I would love to work with SQL and get to know about that because as well at college they are putting me through my orcale database which I really enjoy

I dont have much knowledge on networking so I am scared for next term what I start 70-290 and 291 so where would be best to start for networking ?

My main goal is I just want to be helpdesk techninican in a company (not sitting on the phones in a call centre though) as I dont feel hugley confident doing anything at the moment

Certifications: 70-722, 70-721, 70-621
    WIP: 70-720, 790, 791
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Why don't you look at other type of certs like the ITIL v3 foundation or the Comptia range of certs, eg A+, Network+, Server+, Security+ and/or Project+?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security