Passed A+, whats best to do next?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by asje1, May 20, 2010.

1. asje1

asje1 Byte Poster

Hey,

I recently passed my A+ Exams and am looking on what would be the next certificate to study towards...

Initially there are 2 certs thats pop into my head as being candidates. Firstly Comptia N+, secondly studying towards MCITP.

If i were to study towards the MCITP would I need to complete 3 exams? The Microsoft website isn't too clear on the requirements: Website..

I have 2 years of Technician experience working mainly with computer engineering (Building machines) and deploying images and configuring OS's (mainly windows 7) as well customer support. Based on this small and vague amount of information which certification would be best for me to pursue next? - Any help / advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

Certifications: A+, N+
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Network +,MCDST and the vista or windows 7 upgrades.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

This... and personally, I'd recommend doing them in that order.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. asje1

asje1 Byte Poster

Which materials are the best for the N+? Ive looked on the CompTIA Website, they offer the following Materials / Authors:

Sybex netork + certification kit,
    CompTIA Network+ Deluxe Study Guide, with Network+ Virtual Lab,
    Mike Meyers,
    LearnKey Inc,
    Train Signal CompTIA Network+ 2009 Training,
    QuickCert, a Specialized Solutions Company,
    Pearson..

Amazon has the CompTIA Network+ Certification 2009 Edition + CertBlaster Student Manual (Spiral-bound): Link.. For about £50..

Any ideas on what materials are best to purchase? Price isn't really a problem, but obviously I don't want to be spending 100's. Thanks in advance.

Certifications: A+, N+
  5. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Generally the Sybex and the Mike Myers stuff is pretty good so I would recommend those. Also there are some good videos online with Professor Messer that will help if you watch them along side reading the books etc.

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!