Passed A+ Exam!!!

Discussion in 'A+' started by d_mcgrail, Dec 8, 2009.

1. d_mcgrail

d_mcgrail Nibble Poster

Just passed my A+ exams last week and absolutely over the moon been working in IT for quite sometime and always planned to do the exam.

Anyway celebrated over the weekend and looking forward to xmas now. If anyone is due to do their A+

I can highly recommend;

Professor Messers Videos
    Mike Myers A+ book
    Train Signal training nuggets.

I have a CD of resources for A+ that might be helpful for others so just give me a shout if you want it and i can get it posted. It was originally passed on from a member on here so think its only right to continue sharing the wealth :D

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Taking a xmas break
  2. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

Good job, I'd like to give it a go in the near future as well!

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  3. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass:beers2

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome and congrats!

Out of curiosity, what does the "CD of resources" contain? Being someone who writes "resources" for a living, I get somewhat... interested... when I hear that "resources" are being freely passed around, know what I mean?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

Congrats on the pass!

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822
  6. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  7. danpluso

danpluso Bit Poster

Congrats!

I am going to be taking it in the next month or two.

I am also using Mike Meyer's All in One and Professor messer's online videos. I also have Mike Meyer's Passport book to do a quick review just before I go for the exams. Going to start taking some practice exams to see how I am doing. I have heard boson has good practice exams plus I have all the practice exams that came with the mike meyer's books.

I was going to wait for the 2009 exams but decided to go with the 2006 exams instead since I know a lot more about windows XP then I do Vista. All the books I have been reading are for the 2006 exams too.

EDIT: Scratch boson practice exams.. Didn't know it cost that much $.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
    Certifications: None
    WIP: Comptia A+
  8. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

The Boson exams are worth it believe me.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  9. BosonMichael

High-quality training products cost money. If you want to spend as little as possible on questions, you'll get what you pay for: weak questions with several incorrect answers and poor (or non-existent) explanations written by some guy (perhaps overseas) who may not even be in the IT industry. Spend good money on practice exams, and you'll get what you pay for: questions written by degreed techs who have several years of IT experience.

The difference in quality is clear. Download demos and compare them for yourself. :)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
    Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  10. danpluso

danpluso Bit Poster

well like I said I have mike meyer's practice exams... I'm sure those have got to be some what good.

I also have a practice question book called Exam Cram by: Charles J. Brooks (it's the red and yellow one). 365 pages of practice questions and it also comes with a cd which I have not looked at yet, not sure whats on it.

If I fail the exams I may check out boson's stuff.

Certifications: None
    WIP: Comptia A+
  11. BosonMichael

If you study Meyers' AIO book, you won't likely fail. :)

12. jamman32

jamman32 Nibble Poster

Congrats, Planning to take mine in april, The mike myers books are a big help...Again well done..:p

Certifications: city & guilds engineering
    WIP: comptia a+ n+/ linux+
  13. wsciekly

wsciekly New Member

can you tell me vhere i can see that demos and find the boson book

14. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Boson don't have a book but they have some practice exams you can get their demos on their website www.boson.com Mike Meyers is the best for the A+ for books.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?