PASSED A+ but confused.....

Discussion in 'A+' started by zuccho, May 29, 2009.

1. zuccho

zuccho New Member

Hi everyone,
    I passed my a+ exams (IT Essentials and IT Technician) and have followed the instructions on the sheet given by Prometric but im a little confused.
    On the Comptia website on my CareerID im down as IT Technician Certified does this mean that they have recognised that iv'e also passed my Essentials exam also or do i somehow have to let them know this too(Done my Technician one first). Also im down as having enrolled for the other 2 exams (Remote & Depot) which i have not. Is this automatic if you pass 2 exams and if so how do you go about taking them.

Thanks in advance

:oops:

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

err yes, if you have done essentials and IT Technican exam you are a compTIA certified technican, you only have to do essentials and one other exam to be certfied. But if you want to do the other two electives then you just book them like you did the other two.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

It is a little bit confusing.
    But, you can't be certified (stop laughing at the back!) without passing the essentials, so saying you're an IT Tech Certified means it recognises the 601.
    I can't see any value in shelling out your hard-earned to take another exam that isn't going to make a big impact on your CV, so don't bother with the other two A+ titles.
    Don't ask me why it "enrols" you for the other two exams. The only logical thing I can think of is that it's the result of passing the 601, indicating the possibility of a cert if the exam is passed.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job