PASSED 98-349 Windows O/S Fundamentals exam!

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Juelz, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

By the grace of God, I managed to pass this exam with a score of 86 pass mark was 70, (can only assume the overall mark is a percentage) Used the official course book and CBT Nuggets videos. Looking back on the actual exam I can't help but feel it was all luck! some of the questions that were asked wasn't covered in the material I used so I had to try to think back to my youth days of when I used to troubleshoot XP systems and just prayed it was the same for Windows 7. I have to give a massive thanks to @rockthemike for his advice and the content of his blog was really inspiring, another thanks goes to @SimonD for general advise on certifications and also Jim (cant remember his exact username something like jkk..) for his encouragement! would like to add without this site I would not have passed!

Advice for anyone taking the exam would be to do it quick as it retires next month, also do not think you can walk in and pass if you dont study and have no experience with Windows 7.

QUESTION: I didn't receive anything confirming my results..? apparently I can view the results online..but how? will I receive a certificate in the post from MS?

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

No, by your hard work and your hard work alone, nothing to do with "God" at all.

You should get a confirmation email from Microsoft in the next couple of days explaining the next steps :)

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. rocdamike

rocdamike Byte Poster Gold Member

Congrats Juelz! I knew you could do it :)

Simon is right; it was all your hard work that made the difference. Keep the momentum going and well done!

Certifications: F5 CTS, LTM | F5-CA | CCNA: Sec | CCNA: R&S | ITIL Foundation
    WIP: AWS Solutions Architect
  4. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Mate as if there was any doubt, soon you'll have a necklace of ears (certs) like me. Proud of you bro

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  5. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Thanks guys will start ITIL tomorrow. Purchased a UDEMY course for £8 in the sale a few weeks back. May aswell keep the momentum going!

6. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Well done and congratulations. :)

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...