1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Passed! 790/900

Discussion in 'Network+' started by csand, Aug 5, 2008.

1. csand

csand New Member

Well after a setback where the servers and power went out at testing center on saturday I took the exam today and passed with a 790- so glad I've got that out of the way. Now to move on to either CCNA or MCSA...can't really decide.

For future test takers- make sure you know your basics. Just knowing a lot of terms helps a lot when narrowing down answer choices on questions that you aren't sure on. I got a lot of Network Media and troubleshooting and very few netware and mac, but that varies from exam to exam.

Certifications: Network+
    WIP: MCSA, CCNA, B.B.A. MIST
  2. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Aren't you already ON the MCSA with the 790? That's an MCSA-level exam, as evidenced by the amount of experience Microsoft recommends.

Are you starting to work with Cisco routers in a real-world environment? If so, the CCNA is a good option. Have you been working with Windows Servers in a real-world environment? If so, the MCSA is a good option.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. csand

csand New Member

ha sorry by 790 I mean 790/900. I passed the network+, not 790.

Here's the thing- in a real world environment I have been working with both. I probably have a better knowledge of the servers, but I'm working up on cisco. I probably should go MCSA and then go for CCNA when I have more experience and have what I know better tested and out of the way.

Certifications: Network+
    WIP: MCSA, CCNA, B.B.A. MIST
  4. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Exchange 2007\2010
  5. wagnerk

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  6. BosonMichael

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Ah, my mistake - I should have looked at the forum this was posted in. :oops:

Either would be a great idea. But certainly do both!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!