Passed 70-680 Today (6/28/10)

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by jwdk19, Jun 28, 2010.

1. jwdk19

jwdk19 New Member

Passed the exam today with a 776:ohmy. Took the exam a week ago and made a 520(ouch) :eek:
    In my opinion this exam was very difficult but I can honestly say that I learned a lot about Windows 7.

For anyone preparing for the exam I would highly recommend the

-MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-680): Configuring Windows 7
    - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/virtuallabs/ee862412.aspx (Microsoft Windows 7 Virtual Labs)
    - http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/training/format-learning-snacks.aspx#win7 (Windows 7 Learning snacks)
    -Use a lot of hands on labs...just general "playing with the Windows 7 operating system"

Thanks for the everyones help on these forums!!!:biggrin

-May Jesus Bless you

Certifications: COMPTIA A+ IT TECHNICIAN, COMPTIA NETWORK+, COMPTIA SECURITY+, MCTS 70-680 (Windows 7, Configuring) , MCITP: ENTERPRISE DESKTOP SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (70-685)
  2. ChrisH1979

ChrisH1979 Byte Poster

Congrats :D

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA, MCTS:Win 7, Application Infrastructure
    WIP: MCITP:EA
  3. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Good job on the pass! I am thinking of upgrading my MCDST as well after I pass the beast!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

I am studying for this exam at the moment, those sites are usefull too

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  6. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Congrats:) and thanks for sharing.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  7. purana

purana Nibble Poster

Nice work. I really liked the 70-680 exam. It was quite good. I am about to do my 70-642 in about 3 days time. Then it will be 640 and then 646 I'd say over the next 4 months.

Certifications: MCTS x 6, MCITP x3, ITILv3 Foundations, LPIC-1, LPIC-2, Novel CLA, CommVault Simpana 9
    WIP: MCITP: EA, RHCE, OEL, RHCVE
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Not sure how I missed this... congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. Kraven

Kraven Kilobyte Poster

Congrats mate! I've got my exam next month!

Kraven

Certifications: Network+, MCSA, 70-680
    WIP: A+, 70-685
  10. Killian

Killian Byte Poster

Thanks for the links jwdk19. I'm studying the 70-680 now using the Microsoft Self Study Guide and my own virtual labs (1 domain with Server 2008 R2 and 2 Clients and 1 Team of 2 Standalone Clients).

Found the start of the book to be pretty difficult when it came to DISM, SCCM & SVCMM (or something like that!) but it looks as though the Technet Labs cover a couple of those. I've heard alot about Technet but never really used it, going to finish the book and then get stuck into those I think.

How did you find the exams on the accompanying CD to the book? Were they helpful at all or did you not really look at them??

Certifications: See sig.
    WIP: Everything!
  11. simonp83

simonp83 Kilobyte Poster

Just about to do my exam at 1pm today, just to quickly clarify.

Teredo - connecting to DirectAccess through a private ipv4 configured network?
    6to4 - connecting to DirectAccess through a public ipv4 configured network?

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP
    WIP: 70-291
  12. simonp83

simonp83 Kilobyte Poster

Passed with 850, it was so much easier than the first attempt as well.

13. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

Well done :D

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  14. simonp83

simonp83 Kilobyte Poster

For the people that have done the 680, did any of you have any delay or issues with it showing up on your transcript. I've googled and there did appear to be an issue in January where it took 4 weeks before it shows on the transcript, so just wondering if anyone else had the same issue as me?

Under the "Microsoft Certification Exams Completed Successfully" section, the 70-680 shows up as being passed.
    Under the "Microsoft Certification Status" section, the exam doesn't show at all. In the Cert planner section as well, the Windows 7, configuring, is not ticked as a passed exam.

15. Gogs

Gogs Bit Poster

Not sure if you're still waiting but I took mine last week on the Wednesday and it appeared on my transcript on Friday

Certifications: in Signature
    WIP: MCITP: Server Administrator (646) , Security+
  16. simonp83

simonp83 Kilobyte Poster

Yep, took 2 days for me as well. Just thought it strange that it credited me with the exam pass but not give me the cert.