Passed 70-663 (insert crazy long exam name here)

Discussion in 'Exchange Exams' started by Shinigami, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

So I passed Exam 70-663 "Pro: Designing and Deploying Messaging Solutions with Microsoft Exchange Server 2010" this morning, was definitely easier than the 662 I did yesterday.

Contrary to 662, only a few questions mentioned Exchange 2010 'SP1', but what this one did include was a number of questions based around "on and off-premises" messaging solutions such as cloud hosting. So know your stuff, especially around BPOS/O365 if you wanna give this exam a go (now might be a good time to get a trial or at least read the free whitepapers on how to setup this kind of stuff).

Plenty of design questions on how many servers need to go in what site, a number of DAG and CAS Array (and load balancing) questions, but only a handful of questions had over a page of text. Most were pretty short and simple.

Funnily enough, a majority of questions with say, 4 answers, had 3 answers which were CLEARLY wrong, as in REALLY wrong. Usualy I find that there's two answers you know or guess (Accurately) at being wrong, but then you're left with two answers which are relatively similar. But in this exam, it wasn't the case and I suspect a 50% pass score is doable with minimum preparation. Only someone that has absolutely never touched Exchange could possibly select the wrong answer in these questions that I saw.

Anyway, I had 55 questions, but only about an hour and a half to do them... don't waste too much time or you won't have any when you're half way through (I was left with about 30 minutes to spare when all was said and done).

So I guess I'm an MCITP in E2010 now :D

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  2. ChrisH1979

ChrisH1979 Byte Poster

Congrats :)

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA, MCTS:Win 7, Application Infrastructure
    WIP: MCITP:EA
  3. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Congrats:) and thanks for sharing.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Nice! Congrats!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

I wondered if this was going to be the case, since our last discussion about the config exam. Perhaps I'll bring mine forward slightly....

Also, congrats man! :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  6. Michael R

Michael R Bit Poster

I've got this exam on the 21st of this month, apparently from what most people are saying if you've recently done the 662 there is a lot of overlap between the two.

I did the 662 the other month so i'm hoping my hands on experience should be enough to get me though as I couldn't find any specific 663 books.

I've read a few white paper's from MS on the 500mailbox setup/12000 and 31000 mailbox setups which are really interesting to read. (I think those were the sizes).

Guess i'll wait and see whats instore for me :)

Certifications: CCNA, MCP, MCTS, MCITP:SA, VTSP 5, MCITP:EMA 2010
    WIP: MCITP:EA, CCNA Sec / CCNP
  7. Fixxxer80

Fixxxer80 Bit Poster

Thanks for the feedback and Congratulations!

This exam is on my radar

Certifications: MCSE: Productivity, MCSA: O365, MCSA: Win Svr 2012/2008/2003, MCITP Exchange 2007
    WIP: MCSA: Cloud Platform, MCSE: Cloud Platform & Infrastructre
  8. Michael R

Michael R Bit Poster

Well I sat the exam today and am glad to say I passed.

JUST by the skin of my teeth though! (Scored 700).

Certifications: CCNA, MCP, MCTS, MCITP:SA, VTSP 5, MCITP:EMA 2010
    WIP: MCITP:EA, CCNA Sec / CCNP
  9. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA