Passed 70-652 - Windows Server Virtualization, Configuring \o/

Discussion in 'Microsoft Hyper-V Virtualization' started by Modey, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Took this today and passed with a score of 850. Took me about 40-45mins, 47 questions as reported here before.

Wasn't too bad, but didn't feel too confident with some of my answers. I have quite a lot of experience with Hyper-V in a production environment which always helps, but you still have to answer the questions with the answers MS want, rather than always what you would do in real life. :)

Had a good few questions related to SCVMM and also some to do with Failover clustering and high availabilty. The objectives on this exam seem to have broadened quite a bit since when the exam was first released. Knowledge of satellite MS products that link in with Hyper-V seem to feature a lot. You could even get questions relating to MS DPM, although I didn't. (shame really, I have done quite a bit of work with that recently).

I don't recall there being any questions directly relating to the new features in the R2 release of HyperV or SCVMM 2008 R2 for that matter either. I wasn't sure from looking at the objectives if there would be really.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass, knew you would ace it :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass mate. :thumbleft

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  4. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

congrats

5. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Thanks guys. Just ordered the certs online as I do like to have something to hold in my hands (not that any of the MS certs previously have been anything special).

One odd thing I thought (as this is my first MCTS) is that it's got a vanilla MCTS cert I can download / order and an MCTS: Windows Server Virtualization, Configuring.

Didn't used to be like that with MCP's, but thing have changed. Anyway, ahave ordered both as it was only 99cents extra to get the second cert. The total was $10.94 so I guess that will be about £7.00 or so. Off on holiday soon, so hopefully they will be waiting to underwhelm me on my return. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
  6. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Well done mate. I really enjoyed studying for/passing this one :)

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  7. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Congrats and well done m8 ! :biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Congratulations Mate. :D

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  10. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

Well done mucker

I did find it a bit odd to see I got two certificates when I earned an MCTS but what the hey

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  11. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Two is better than one I suppose, and thanks guys. :)

12. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10