Passed 70-417

Discussion in 'MCSA / MCSE 2012' started by Pseudonym, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Kilobyte Poster

Passed -
    410 - 933
    411 - 914
    412 - 742

Went into it thinking that I'd struggle most with the 412. Although the score reflects that, I found the 411 section the hardest. I half guessed quite a few in that one, but must have got them right.

Studied way longer for this than I wanted to. Life got in the way a bit, but there is a substantial amount of quite specific information that has to be learned for this exam. If you're sitting this, do yourself a favour. Get the JC Mackin book and pay very close attention to the exam tips.I have over 100 pages of notes if anyone's interested.

Also, I've never scored more than low 800 in an MS exam before. This is difficult for a variety of reasons, but definitely not an impossible exam like I've seen other people saying before.

Nyx, JK2447 and Rob1234 like this.
  2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Congratulations @Pseudonym, I've heard that exam is quite a beast. It can be really hard to balance life and studies I find lately. Thanks for the book recommendation which can be found here. Did you use any free resources for this at all? Any lab work or hands on in work?

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. Nyx

Nyx Byte Poster

Well done, was thinking of doing this one myself but can't force myself to such amount of study. Laziness it's called.

Glad to hear sth good about ms book, they didn't have good reputation lately.

4. Pseudonym

Cheers guys.

The MS book is quite typical, in that only gives you about 70% of the information. BUT those exam tips are absolute gold. I'd found several forum posts saying to pay attention to them, and they weren't wrong.

5. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Excellent work sir. Congratulations.

6. Pseudonym

Thanks mate.

And JK, sorry I missed your questions before. No, all my study material was paid, besides technet. I also used CBT nuggets and MeasureUp. The latter I found to be particularly useful and miles harder than the actual exam. Also, lots and lots of labbing.

7. Aara Kapur

Aara Kapur Bit Poster

Nothing is impossible here :-)

Its little bit tough but if you will do hard work, you can achieve anything in your life.

I have also cracked this exam and I would love to share the best way to learn MCSE certification course.

Online Learning:-
    You can put your query on google or any search engine and get the solutions.

Informative Articles:- You should have read the informative article on daily basis.

Video:- Watch the video and do the practice at home

Online Tutorials - Use the online tutorials and start practice with them.

Forum & Community Website:- You can share any kind of query there and get the solutions by expert

I took training from Koenig Solutions and I think a training center plays important role in your career path.

There are so many training center available such as - Koenig Solutions, Udemy and Global Knowledge and much more. So, Please choose the right training center.

8. muggesh123

muggesh123 New Member

Hi. Congratulation. You are done really great work.