Passed 70-294

Discussion in 'Active Directory Exams' started by xmojo, Aug 31, 2010.

1. xmojo

xmojo Nibble Poster

Was sweating on this exam, as I think the study is more difficult than for the Beast. Passed with score of 850, which surprised me no end. 45 questions, including 10 sims, which had me worried as I never know how I do on the sims, and they comprised almost 1/4 of the total exam. Was expecting all or most of the sims to come towards the end of the exam, but they were mostly spread out.

This just leaves me one more paper to do to finish MCSE, either 297 or 298, not sure which one to do yet. Can someone tell me if the 297 or 298 exams are all MCQs, or a mix of MCQ, hot spot, drag-and-drop, and sims?

2. Killian

Killian Byte Poster

Congrats on the pass mate :)

Certifications: See sig.
    WIP: Everything!
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congrats:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  5. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass as I would be sitting this exam shortly. Please, which study materials did you find useful and helpful in studying for this exam? Thanks in advance:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  6. xmojo

xmojo Nibble Poster

I used MS Press Kit study guide and the study materials given by my course provider. Other than those, I also referred to Microsoft's online TechNet material on Windows Server 2003. One website which was useful is http://www.windowsnetworking.com/, has articles on Group Policy, trusts.

I was quite fortunate that in my exam I didn't get any questions on creating an OU hierarchy based on linking GPOs or delegation of administration, which is my weakest area. Looking at my exam printout, the section on Planning and Implementing a User, Computer, and Group strategy was my worst part. That's why I've decided to do 70-297 (Designing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory and Network Infrastructure) as my final paper as I want to address that weakness, rather than avoid it by doing 70-298.

7. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Hi xmojo, thanks for the feedback much appreciated.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  8. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass and props for the fantastic attitude to your study!

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  9. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA