Passed 70-294

Discussion in 'Active Directory Exams' started by SYN, Aug 2, 2007.

1. SYN

SYN Bit Poster

Hi all

Just passed the 70-294 with 826!

There were 3 sims - AD Sites and Services, Schema and GPOs

42 Questions in total

Lots on Ou Structures, GPOs and Permissions

One more to go for the MCSE

Certifications: VCP,MCTS, MCSE, Security+, CIW-D
    WIP: MCITP
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Well done and congratulations:D how long did you prepare for exam and which materials did you find most helpful?

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats mate, 70-294 is next up for me. :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats Mate :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. supag33k

supag33k Kilobyte Poster

Congratulations and well done mate!!

BTW - thats a good mark too!

Certifications: MCSE (NT4/2000/2003/Messaging), MCDBA
    WIP: CCNA, MCTS SQL, Exchange & Security stuff
  7. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Congratulations 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  8. leolavi999

leolavi999 New Member

congrats for clearing the examinmation:D

9. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Great work, SYN. Congratulations.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  10. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  11. Crito

Crito Banned

I keep trying to motivate myself to finish my MCSE but just can't seem to. I guess because I haven't gotten any value out of my other MS certs, despite having a decade's worth of experience in some of the areas. Maybe if I lived in India and need it to get an H1B visa.. but anyway.

My Linux+ and CEH have attracted a lot more attention (both good and bad). Think I'll try for LPIC1 and 2 next and maybe RHCE, if I can afford it.

Congrats though!

Certifications: A few
    WIP: none
  12. Crito

Crito Banned

Didn't mean to kill the thread.... :oops:

But what cinched it for me is the other day I get a call from a supposed "Director of Technical Recruiting" (underpaid headhunter) at some IT sweat shop called Best Resources. So, seeing my MCDBA on SQL Server 2000 and MCTS on SQL Server 2005, Sharon thinks it's then appropriate to demand I take a BrainBench test on SQL Server before proceeding further. I thought it was appropriate to not return any of her phone calls from that point forward.

Really makes one stop and think if MS certs are worth the time and effort though. I spent a solid three months studying to get that lousy MCTS, and for what?

13. Crito

Crito Banned

And what started that line of thinking was reading on another site how the guys who took the beta test for MCTS: SQL 2005 all passed with 1000/1000, without studying at all.

Anyway, hope you finish your MCSE before you get as cynical as me. Congrats again, FWIW.

14. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass! 8)

@Crito - i guess its people like you some of us need to see as a sign - that MS certs are cherries on the cake nor millions in the pocket - in other words maybe people need to see that to make it in IT these days they need to forget that MS controls 90% of the desktops and focus on something that "there will be a demand for".

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  15. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I can see where crito is coming from, its like the more certs you get the less the employer looks at them. Thats why I am concentrating more on experience and actually learning the stuff then getting the certs.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  16. supag33k

supag33k Kilobyte Poster

What I got from Crito's posts where that different certs from M$ and especially relevant and recent experience seens to be more important after a specific level of certification [especially with M$] is reached.

I am doing CCNA and SQL 2005 after the 2003 upgrade exam on Wednesday...life permitting of course!

I have long since learnt that head-hunters are barnacles on the @$$ of progress so I treat them accordingly, ie I get what I want from them not the other way around....

Certifications: MCSE (NT4/2000/2003/Messaging), MCDBA
    WIP: CCNA, MCTS SQL, Exchange & Security stuff
  17. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I agree and I think it's a lesson we should all take to heart.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  18. SYN

SYN Bit Poster

Thanks for all the congrats - i have had a few days of to recover! i have one more Microsoft Exam left for the MCSE and then i want to stay away for a while!!

I used the MOC, Exam Cram and lots of practising

I have found that although i am working my way through the Microsoft Courses - i am only really learning how to pass the exams - which is all well and good but its not practical in everyday stuff

I have a few other things to do this year but think i will be trying to gain more experience with hands on stuff than certs

Certifications: VCP,MCTS, MCSE, Security+, CIW-D
    WIP: MCITP
  19. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Sure it is. Perhaps not everyday stuff with what YOU are doing on a daily basis... but almost all of it is useful to people who work in large corporations in an MCSE-level capacity.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!