1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Passed 70-290

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 Exams' started by typhoon, Apr 30, 2010.

1. typhoon

typhoon New Member

Hi all,

I have mixed feelings about posting this, as I read of several people who have failed recently.

After starting studying 70-290 since early feb I passed it first time today.. got am amazing score of 887!! How I don't know.

Lots of sims and questions about backup.. About 5 questions I was unclear on the answer, however I was able to rule out 2 of the 4 and just made an educated guess.

First MS exam since 2000....... I'm over the moon ;)

I have a strong background in NT/2K and 2k3 admin in my current role so I'm fortunate that I was familar with about 56 - 60% of the material without study.
    I purchased the testout full CBT pack in Feb and studied the exam each night, and read the Exam cram book... I also created mindmaps of each chapter which helped. I also purchased the selfstudy exam prep and found them much harder than the exam today...

So onto 70-291 next.

If anybody wants my mindmaps to aid with studying this please let me know.

Certifications: MCSE
    WIP: MCITP