1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Passed 70-272

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by CMOS, Aug 8, 2008.

1. CMOS

CMOS New Member

Well, after studying for a little over a week I passed the 70-272 test and am now a MCDST. 40 questions... and during the entire test I felt like it was harder than I had anticipated. I felt it was more difficult than 271. I felt several of the questions were phrased ambiguously and the answerw were just as masked. But, I did pass so I can't really complain. This forum was helpful in going back and reading other people's trials and tribulations on their preparation.

Onto Net+ next... I think. 8)
    Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: N+
  2. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

3. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Congrats and well done, a week to prepare is damn good.

To help other members, could you let them know:

What study material you used.

How you prepared for the exam.

What lab you used.

What previous IT experience you have (to gauge a knowledge level).
    Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  4. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  6. CMOS

CMOS New Member

The book I used(MCDST Exam Review by Neil Tucker) wasn't very good... I bought before doing any research on which book would be a good book. I didn't really know it wasn't a good book until I took 271 though and saw how MS phrases questions. The book simply asks questions: "What command would you use to install Windows XP for a clean install?" That's not to say there isn't a fair amount of useful information in the book, I just didn't like how it was asked compared to the exam method.

But I simply read the book a few times, made note of the ones I missed and why and then looked up info pertaining to those questions. For instance if I missed something pertaining to Shadow Copies I looked that up. I also used the Preplogic CramSession study guide for 272(didn't know about it for 271). I looked at the Transcender Demo tests to get a feel for how the questions would be asked.

That was it.

Thanks for the congrats guys! 8)
    Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: N+