Passed 70 - 272, woohoo! But....

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Frank, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Frank

Frank Bit Poster

Passed with a score of 1000. Was expecting it to be harder to be honest but i found 70 271 harder and i got only 1 question wrong on that exam. Lesson for everyone else is experience counts alot for how you approach the exam and how you read the way MS frames the questions.

My only question is if i order my cert online (thanks MS like i didn't pay enough for the exam already!) do they send a MCDST card like they did last time i took the 70 -271 back in Feb this year or do i only get the print out cert only? For the 70 - 271 i got a MCP card along with the cert.

Anyone also know the wait time for them to come in the mail? Is it long?

Cheers all,

Frank

2. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Well done on the score matey, very impressive!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

You get another card with MCP and MCDST on it.

Congrats. :biggrin

Edit: Actually can anyone else confirm this? Havent seen my certs in ages, they are in storage!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
    Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

I did mine some time ago, and back then I got a new cert saying I had my MCDST, and a new card as well. However, as of late, you probably don't get the certs via post anymore and instead you print them out from your MCP certification center, or shell out some extra $$$ to have it sent to you by snail mail.

I don't recall having received a card for some time now, not that it matters too much. I have a card saying I'm MCTS and MCITP, so all the newest exams I do are also MCTS or MCITP based, so it's not adding anything extra to a pre-existing card.

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  5. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Well done Frank

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  6. Frank

Frank Bit Poster

Thanks guys!

Yeah from the site they don't say a word about a card but will send out the print out of the cert...i want something official cos my home printer isn't that pro looking when going for a job :)

Thanks again everyone

7. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

Kewl well done, you may even get a call from MS.

They sometimes check very high scores so i have heard.

As for the printed stuff yeah you have to pay i believe, i have got to order one this week

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
    Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Wow, another 1000! Congrats... what did you use to study?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. Frank

Frank Bit Poster

6 months of on and off again study. Along with 7 years work experience in the area. MS press book and Transcender prac test.

I hope Bill Gates comes out of retirement to call me :rolleyes::oops::blink:biggrin

10. Evilwheato

Evilwheato Kilobyte Poster

Well done ;)

11. Frank

Frank Bit Poster

Well this sucks...just got my Cert from the US....no MCDST Card :(

12. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

Yeah, I phoned up to check before I gave them my money.

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  13. Adrian.Popescu

Adrian.Popescu Byte Poster

Wow, well done mate

Certifications: City&Guild's Level2&3, CompTIA A&N+, MCP
    WIP: MCDST
  14. lynamcool

lynamcool Bit Poster

even though they stopped the welcome kit, do you still get a wallet sized card with your cert number?

WIP: MCDST
  15. Big Brotha

Big Brotha Bit Poster

They completely stopped issuing cards in July when they started charging extra for the physical certificates, I believe that "going green" was their reason.