Passed 70-272 score of 930

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by jph140, Jul 5, 2009.

1. jph140

jph140 New Member

Hi All, I passed my 70-272 last Tuesday and I'm now a MCDST. My score was 930 and I'm really pleased with that. I used CBT Nuggets and <removed>. I must say I've used Transcenders before when studying for the 271 but <removed> blow them right out of the water. I work in IT anyway and know my way around XP as we use it at work but I found using <removed> really did help. My worked payed for them so that was a bonus.

I had to phone microsoft as from the 1st July there stopping sending out certificates unless you pay for them. Its now digital download only. I phoned them anyway to tell them I'd passed on the 30th June so now I'm getting the wallet card and certificate for free. I'm taking a few weeks off before I press on towards my MCSA.

Cheers
    Jon

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

Please be aware that we have removed one of your resources, see please here why. For a more indepth explaination see here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Great score! I'm sure I could get better scores if I had seen the actual answers before going into the exam!

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  4. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Unfortunately a complete waste of money as you knew the answers before taking the exam. :rolleyes:

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. JK2447

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Ah no, I was all set to congratulate you but it seems braindumps were used. I think there should be more education about braindumps in the media

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  6. jph140

jph140 New Member

I work in IT and use any training resource available, if thats the net, brain dumps whatever most IT workers do the same. Thats life I'm afraid. It hasn't stopped me in my support role only enhanced what I've learnt over the years. This is my 1st posting on this website and my last.

Jon

7. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Really?

Ok, bye then. :rolleyes:

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  8. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

The thing is that while there are IT professional that do use them, it does not mean that they should be used. The same thing applies, if a group of people were to jump off a bridge would you join them?

There is nothing wrong with using any training resources available, however what we want to make sure is that the material being used is actually a training resource. Braindumps aren't they are Q&A's that have been taken from real exams and is classed as cheating, if/when caught the following can happen:

1. Decertification
    2. Ban from any other exam
    3. In certain circumstances you may even face legal action.

Plus it devalues the whole certification process.

Saying that, there are IT Pro's that use braindumps, but do not realise what they are. The IT community is a close knit one, and if someone makes a mistake, wouldn't you like to know about it so that you can correct it?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  9. JK2447

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Each to their own, I think braindumps defeat the object of you being put under pressure in an exam environment to use everything you've learned to get through it and pass, oh yeah an the fact that my nan could be an MCSE using braindumps . .. .

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  10. Elhaj

Elhaj Nibble Poster

working in IT and using braindumps!!!!!:dry the first one would get you a pass with flying colours and you didnt need any brains**t, but not everyone is the same. wondering if your employer knew about it?!!

Certifications: Bsc Economics, MCDST
    WIP: what's the point?
  11. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Epic fail.

Define 'most' IT workers? I've met 'some' IT workers who do this - unfortunately for them they usually get found out pretty quickly when something goes wrong and they can't fix it.

I'm curious - why did you bother to use CBT Nuggets when you, basically, just bought yourself the answers beforehand anyway? If you knew full well that what you were doing was cheating anyway (which you clearly did) then what was the point in paying for the Nuggets? Unless, of course, you downloaded those for f***-all from a torrent site as well.

People like you make me feel itchy. You won't be missed.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  12. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

I'm actually quite suprised that you had the opportunity to make a 2nd post!

I think anyone that makes a 1st post that mentions BDs ought to be immediately banned.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  13. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Yeah, good point DD. That was actually his SECOND post, not his first, so it was even more of an epic fail. Then again, I guess there's no braindump for Basic Numeracy 101!

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  14. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Then know that Microsoft decertifies people for using braindumps for ANY reason... doesn't matter why YOU use them.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  15. BosonMichael

Well, to be fair, not everyone who uses braindumps knows that they're not legit study tools. However, from his second post, this dude obviously knows he's cheating by using dumps, and the full wrath of the ban stick ought to be brought down on him (as well as the decertification tazer).

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  16. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Soz BM, but that does not wash with me. Anyone going into an exam and finding that they seem to know all the answers SHOULD have the intelligence to realise that somethings not right! Posting their bollox on CF contributes nothing to the site. Post should be deleted with the offender banned from the site.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  17. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Doubt he will be banned, as Obinna Osobalu did not get banned!

18. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Word!

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
  19. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Funny thing is, I know a couple of people (one in person) and some online who have used braindumps knowingly. One thing they all have in common is they have a long list of reason's why it's ok ...

It's not ok, it's totally devaluing certifications and if people continue to have your attitude there will come a day when they are truly worthless. Clearly you don't give a crap and I doubt any of this will change your mind, but here's hoping.

20. BosonMichael

You and I would certainly realize something is wrong, but others might not. In the educational systems of many countries, the practice isn't frowned upon. So without first being pointed to the braindump warning on Microsoft's Web site, some people *really* don't know there's anything wrong with it.

I have great respect for those who are shown they're doing something wrong (such as using braindumps) and immediately turn away from the practice. So if someone is truly ignorant about braindumps, I'm all about forgiveness... but if someone is using them unrepentantly, I'm all about justice.