Passed 70-271

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by crazy horse, Oct 19, 2009.

1. crazy horse

crazy horse Byte Poster

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share with you that I passed the 70-271 today with a score of 849 :D

Thanks to everyone on these forums as your advice really helped in getting me prepared for the exam!!

2. Maryloveus

Maryloveus Bit Poster

So ,can you share your experience with us .
    your advice could help more and more people

generally speaking , how much time you did spend on your preparation.
    and what is your study plan ?
    or which topic in your opinion, is hareder or important than others .

3. crazy horse

crazy horse Byte Poster

Hi Maryloveus,

Well I spent about 6 weeks or so preparing for the exam. I studied Monday - Friday for about 1 - 2 hrs a night, and then built this up near the exam time to including some weekends and studying for more like 2 - 2.5hrs a night. I used the MS press books, the technet website (as the MS press books miss out some of the information required for the course e.g. configuring VPN) and the Transcender practice exams, where I focused on my weak areas so that I could build up a balanced score where I was passing consistantly on all modules.

I don't think that any one of the chapters is more important than the others, but having an understanding of where you need to improve your knowledge / skills means you will be able to practice those areas and make all the chapters about the same.

I hope this helps!
    Crazy Horse

4. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Well done mate!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  5. Maryloveus

Maryloveus Bit Poster

thanks for your share.

6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security