1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Passed 70-270!!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista / 7 / 8 Client Exams' started by Modey, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I'm now officially an EMM SEA PEE!! Woohoo! :)

Wasn't confident at all going into the test as I felt I had performed quite badly on my Trancender mock tests, and the test software that came with the MS Press book. I was also hoping to get some hardcore cramming in over the weekend, but I had very bad toothache and ended up not studying at all. I nearly cancelled the exam, but then decided what the hell ...

I did think that if I do pass, I'll probably only scrape it, but I got an 857 and am well chuffed with that. I actually shouted out loud when I saw I had passed. :)

It's a bit of a blur now, but I got a good few questions on sysprep and RIS and other general deployment stylee questions. A few on persmissions (although it didn't feel like many). Good few on local sec policies. There didn't seem to be an overiding theme, it was a good mix on most topics I suppose.

I did at one point get the same question twice, which I found quite odd (hope I didn't get it wrong both times). I also got one question that was almost word for word the same as one of the transcender questions.

Just pleased I passed after being down with mouth problems for the last few days. Oh and no beer for me, I'm on antibiotics, ahh well, never mind. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Congrats Modey!

:clap :thumbleft :clap :slidedrin

3. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Nice one Modey :thumbleft. You seem to be knocking them out lately. It wasn't that long that you did the N+ was it?

Beer all round then. Got any other certs planned?

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  4. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass Modey :clap

Just out of interest what score's were you hitting on the transcenders??

I have 70-270 booked in for Jan so am currently hitting the Trancenders & Microsoft Measure up test preps.

No beer for you,let me have one on you :beers2

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  5. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

1st test, 65%, 2nd 63%, 3rd 75%.

I didn't have time to run the fourth test due to my disrupted study weekend, but from what I remember, they just chuck at you all the questions you previously got wrong.

I did take a test from the free software that came with the MS Press 70-270 book, and cocked it up a bit. I got called away on the phone when I started it, and left it running, so I was way down on time, and it marked all of my 'place the x where you think you should click' questions worng, even though I clicked in the correct area. So even though I missed the last four or five questions I would have scored in the high 70%'s I think on that one.

Can't say I got a great deal of use out of the MS Press book really. For a start, it's so huge, it's not an easy book to read on the bog (defo a bad thing) and also quite daunting to tackle because it is so thick.

My main training material was a Learnkey 70-270 course (not bad I took notes whilst going through that) and of course Transcender as already mentioned.

Boyce: I did the N+ back in June just before the deadlines for the 2003 objectives expired. I was hoping to get this MCP done much quicker, but I had a short break after the N+, then I got married and there was too much to sort out before I did that. So I started studying for thing one bit by bit from October onwards.

70-290 next, I think I'll have a break till the start of Jan before I start on that one. :)

p.s. thanks all ...

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  6. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

congrats dude, nice one :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSA:M
  7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Congrats on the pass Modey and don't worry about the beers mate, we'll take care of them for you. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  8. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Congratuations, Modey. Well done, mate. :beers2

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  9. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Well done Modey - great result, m8 :thumbleft :alc :morebeer

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  10. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

LOL :biggrin

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  11. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Well done mate!

watch out for 290, it's a brute.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  12. Clay

Clay Bit Poster

Well done Modey.

Just thought I would add my congrats to you. Fellow exam taker today after all. Nerve racking stuff isn't it?

Antibiotics should be over within a week presumably just in time for chrimbo so have double then!

8)

Certifications: LCGI ECDL AMInstLM MCP
    WIP: MCSA 70-215
  13. mojorisin

mojorisin Kilobyte Poster

Congrats on the Pass Modey !! :cheers :alc :thumbleft

WIP: 70-685 http://www.speedtest.net/result/3377759783.png