Passed 70-270 - woohoo but Boohoo at score

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Colloghi, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Colloghi

Colloghi Kilobyte Poster

Well passed my 70-270 exam, a few hours ago. I found it generally ok, but was a bit taken aback at the lack of indepth scenario questions I was expecting, especially when I opening question was a simple one liner.........

My score was bang on 700, which I was dissapointed at and reviewing the scores areas after getting my results wa a bit of a shock for me. I expected to do pretty well at the "installing XP" section, but done pretty poor, and it was my weakest area. also this seems to have brought down my overall score as I done pretty well on other areas and even got full marks on one area that I felt was my weakest area.....

So for the end of March, Im gonna be heading back over the 70-270 modules that need to improve on, and then starting to get my teeth into the 70-290.

The material I used and would recommend are the MS and Sybex books, and defintely if you can get hold of the CBT videos. I used CBT vids for the 271 & 272 exams, and passed with good scores. Stupidly only used the CBT video for a few subjects on the 270 and again these were the areas I done well in.................so they defintely help the subject matter sink in............................and Todd? is "the Man" :D:blink

Anyway.....................

Certifications: A+, MCP 270, 271, MCDST
    WIP: 290
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Anyone can "get hold" of the CBT videos... just pay for them. "Getting hold" of them by any other means is piracy.

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

what he said ^

Well done a pass is a pass.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Colloghi

Colloghi Kilobyte Poster

Oops, I wernt aware my words might incite some young scallywag to go and buy these off the local market or whatever:blink I just meant the vids were very helpful and will be of use to anyone studying for the 70-270:)

5. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

A pass is a pass, you may have ticked the wrong box by accident or simply stumbled upon a poorly worded question and being hit by some bad luck.

It doesn't hurt to review that section of course :) buuuuut, don't spend too long on it as XP is beginning to fade away based on what my company has experienced with the latest EA agreements being made with customers. XP will stay around for a while still, but by now most enterprises will have developed a strategy for rolling out XP builds, and you might just want to move on and concentrate on the 290 instead.

The danger as with everything (say, writing poetry like I do), is that you can easily come back to your previous work/score, and try to improve it. But in the end, you can spend an eternity improving a single thing while everyone else has all ready moved on, and trust me, in IT you don't want to be left behind :oops:

Good luck for the next one!

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  6. Colloghi

Colloghi Kilobyte Poster

I did see one of two questions which I think could have been worded better, but meh:)

As fior XP fading away.....................my company still uses server 2000, and as far as Im aware no plans to update to 2003 yet:ohmy

7. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

Well... we try hard to convince customers to upgrade, and we're actively showing the advantages of going with Windows Server 2008 (especially R2).

These 2000 systems are getting quite outdated, support will run thinner and thinner, and we try to maintain a 10 year support lifecycle on most products. Moving to 2003 may not solve all of your problems at this point in time since a deployment/replacement scenario may take a few years to complete and by then, that too will be outdated.

Then again, we know of customers who still run NT4 in some corner of the office :) But they do a lot of this on their own risk. Let's not forget that patch/hotfix support will not be there for those 2000 systems for ever.

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  8. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  9. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

It may be helpfull to state which ones you used

nuggets, transignal , VTC or other?

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  10. meh

meh Bit Poster

congrats, well done on passing. A pass is still a pass whatever the score.

Certifications: CIW, A+, N+ 3x MCP
    WIP: MCSA 2003, CCNA
  11. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

forgot to say congrats

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  12. Codename_48

Codename_48 New Member

nice one bro!! I just did my 070-270 and got bang on 700 too, im well chuffed well done man :D

Certifications: MCP
    WIP: COMPTIA A+, MCDST,
  13. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congrats:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA