Passed 70-270, what happens next?

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Mikeyboy, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Mikeyboy

Mikeyboy Kilobyte Poster

Passed my 70-270 yesterday, score of 846 and my first exam so I'm over the moon at the moment :biggrin

It said on the print out I got, that I shall receive an email with my login details to the MCP site (presumably to the same email registered with Prometric?), how long does this take to come through?

Also, do I get anything in the post now, or do I have to order the "welcome pack" and a certificate? I would like something to show for my hard work :biggrin

Certifications: VCP,MCSA, MCP, MCDST, MCITP, MCTS, A+, N+
  2. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

I know the feeling waiting for my login details when I first took the 271 was absolute agony. Normally you should receive an email within a couple of days although i think they state 5 business days or summint.

Also once you have your login details you will need to logon to the mcp member site and order a welcome kit which my 2 took about 4 weeks to come through. but in the meantime you can use the transcript sharing tool once you have your logon details. to share by email you mcps (it wont show the scores, only that you are an MCP in 270).

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Congratulations on the pass. :biggrin

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

oh yea, congrats on the pass!

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  5. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Congratulations 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  6. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass :clap

7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. Mikeyboy

Mikeyboy Kilobyte Poster

Thank you all for the congratulations :) I know its an exam which loads of people have done, but I am pleased as it is finally proof that I am good at something to do with computers :biggrin which I had zero proof of before - started studying in November, so I think I've not done too bad to get my first cert already, hoping to do the 271 and 272 fairly soon aswell, from what I can see, they all look quite similar anyway!

Next thing is to update my CV, well redesign it totally, and see if I can garnish a bit more interest than I've had already, ie. very little!

Certifications: VCP,MCSA, MCP, MCDST, MCITP, MCTS, A+, N+
  9. malik06

malik06 Nibble Poster

Congrats on the pass mate! :)

70-270 is the next one up for me. I hope I score as well as you did!

Certifications: Network+, MCDST, MCSA
    WIP: MCSE
  10. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well done :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  11. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

you should receive your login details for the mcp website by email, although i waited 2 weeks and then phoned microsoft and they gave me my login in details. then from there you can order your mcp, mcsa, mcse or mcts welcome packs which then take about another 5 weeks to turn up but you get a certificate and a hologram card as proof of your achievements :)

id post the number to phone but i cant remember it although im pretty sure it was an 0800 number which doesnt really help :(

Grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  12. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats mate, you should get an email in a few days however make sure any anti-spam software you may be using doesn’t eat it first. :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs