Passed 602 today

Discussion in 'A+' started by Rachael_B, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Rachael_B

Rachael_B Nibble Poster

Well I passed the 220-602 today and it feels awesome.

The exam was at 11AM and I had some serious butterflies in my stomache. I thought I wouldn't be so nervous after sitting the essentials exam about a month ago - how wrong I was. After marking the first 20 questions for review I felt awful and sure I was going to fail. I settled down a bit after that and gained a bit more confidence. I seemed to get alot of questions on networks and protocols and troubleshooting connectivity issues.
    There also seemed to be a few questions on things I really wasn't familiar with. It threw me at first but my advice to anyone else who finds this is to not panic and work through the question and answers methodically. I managed to rule out incorrect answers leaving me with a pretty strong idea of the correct answer.
    Got to the end and I thought I'd failed - then the survey took ages, the little egg timer seemed to come on for ages after each page. I covered my eyes and didnt dare look at the results - I think the guy in the exam room thought I was a bit weird. Anyhow I passed with a score of 785 which isnt too bad.
    I used the Mike Meyers AIO as my main study material, but struggled to go through it for a third time so used the Professor Messer videos for revision (thanks to Phoenicks56 for mentioning them - superb)

Thanks to all on this forum for their advice and support

Sorry to waffle on

Rach

Certifications: A+, ITIL v3 Fdn, Network+
    WIP: 70-680, 70-685
  2. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Major congrats :thumbleft

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Cograts on the pass :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Well done and congratulations!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well done:)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Well done Rach 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)