Passed 601

Discussion in 'A+' started by Rachael_B, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Rachael_B

Rachael_B Nibble Poster

:biggrin passed my 601 exam this morning

I was incredibly nervous to start with and found it hard to settle. After a few ambiguous questions I started to relax. My advice to anyone going to do this exam is to read the questions carefully - it is easy to misinterpret them.

I also made sure to mark any questions I was even slightly unsure of as "review". By the time I went through the second time I had built up my confidence and could read the questions with a much clearer head.

I have to admit now that I've passed it makes it all worthwhile - a great feeling. I'll be booking the 602 shortly to keep the momentum going.

Thanks to all on here who have given me advice, and to all those who have posted questions I have thought about asking - its been a great help :D

Certifications: A+, ITIL v3 Fdn, Network+
    WIP: 70-680, 70-685
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass, good luck on you next one :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. StormTHX

StormTHX Byte Poster

Congrats on the pass Rachael!:rocks

I'd like to tell you that the ability to relax gets easier for each exam, but I spazz out before and during each one. After a few I calm down.

Let us know about the next one!

Certifications: MCDST, MCP (210), A+, ITIL Foundations
    WIP: Taking a break then onto MCSE
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well done:)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. swatto

swatto Byte Poster

Congratulations :)

Certifications: BTEC Nat Dip: Software Dev, A+
    WIP: None Yet
  6. Metalstar

Metalstar Kilobyte Poster

Congrats :D

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network+
  7. Crito

Crito Banned

WTG!

CompTIA certs don't get the respect they deserve.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: none
  8. Sofista

Sofista Bit Poster

Congrats :)

Certifications: A+, MCTS, MCITP, MCP,
    WIP: Network +, MCDST
  9. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Major congrats:thumbleft

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  10. Johnny Napalm

Johnny Napalm Bit Poster

Well done on your pass. I took the 601 and 602 exams on the same day a few weeks back now. First time I'd taken exams in ages. You definitely did the right thing by marking any questions you were even vaguely unsure of. I think it's so important to read the question and then read it again to make sure you understand what they are "actually" asking you. With the CompTIA questions, it can be quite easy to misinterpret what they actually want. Well done again and keep the momentum going for 602. I'm just studying now for Network+ at the moment so hopefully I can keep up the momentum and carry on where I left off with A+:D.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA, MCDST
  11. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Congrats! :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  12. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Congratualtions.

I'd also add that it's a good idea to read all the answers carefully , as well as the question.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  13. Rachael_B

Rachael_B Nibble Poster

Thanks to all for the kind words

Good luck with the N+ :) Hopefully you will find the exam a little easier to settle into now that you have sat 2 A+ exams

Couldn't agree more - I found it easier to first rule out answers I thought were definatley incorrect. This usually left me with 2 options to consider.

I am starting to wish I had booked the 602 for the same day, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. Looks like its oign to have to be sometime in April now

Certifications: A+, ITIL v3 Fdn, Network+
    WIP: 70-680, 70-685
  14. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass!!!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  15. G_uk

G_uk Bit Poster

Congrats Rachael :)

16. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Agree, completely. The exams are often poorly worded... but the certifications are worth getting - they certainly make the resume/CV more attractive.

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!