1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Passed 601 and 602 today

Discussion in 'A+' started by Armchair Pimp, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Armchair Pimp

Armchair Pimp Byte Poster

.. with reasonable 800+ scores..

I would say there were a couple of curveball questions in there but I suspect these are ones not marked.. or low marked..

If anyone'e studying.. make sure you know the facts (i.e. hardware specs/software menus).. but don't ignore applying common sense and good customer service to your answers.. especially on the 602.. there were a couple of questions I wanted to answer one way as a tech but had to force myself to take a more 'customer service' approach (maybe that says something about me!)

anyways.. pleased I've passed... onto the next thing I guess (prob MS 270..)

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL Found+Pract, A+
    WIP: MCSA, MCTS, MCITP
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

For the benefit of the other A+ students, what resources did you use to help you pass (and please, make them be legal and ethical)?

BTW, Congratulations. Well done.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Congrats on the passes :)

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  4. loneferret

loneferret Byte Poster

2 exams in one day! You are a machine!
    Congrats... :)

Certifications: MCDST/N+/L+/i-Net+/CIW/OSCP/OSCE
    WIP: MCTS 70-662
  5. TwoToneTony

TwoToneTony Bit Poster

Well done that man! Assuming of course that you are...

I'm more confident about my 602 tomorrow than I ever was about my 601, my head's literally bursting with practice questions and I've averaged 90% on my 8 or 9 test exams I've taken. :p

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+, MCSA?
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well done:)

I did both mine on the same day too:D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  8. Armchair Pimp

I used Mike Myers All in One Guide.. I skimmed through bits of it I was comfortable with but it seemed pretty comprehensive to me.. in fact I've recommended my staff try using it as a study resource with a view to taking the cert.. I've been in IT for a fair while so I found it was a good refesher for technologies I'm not always using on a daily basis..

9. Armchair Pimp

actually it wasn't too bad as I didn't take too long on the first exam and then had a couple of hours in between.. I then relaxed a bit more in the second and used nearly all the time (It's shorter anyway)..

I did it before when I ended up with a 'spare' voucher for an MS exam.. sat the one I knew then took a shot at another that I hadn't prepared for.. I failed that one though! doh!

10. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congrats:thumbleft

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  11. dalsoth

dalsoth Kilobyte Poster

Congrats:D

Certifications: MCSE, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, ITIL v3