Passed 291!

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by Ambushed, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Ambushed

Ambushed Nibble Poster

As my signature says, I passed 291.

Damm some of the questions were hard, I scored 700 need 700.

Close one:p

Certifications: MCTS, MCP, MCSA
    WIP: MSCD
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Congrats mate! How on earth did you do 290 and 291 7 days later? :blink

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. Ambushed

Ambushed Nibble Poster

Studying like nothing, spent a lot of money on training dammit.

I start CCNA on Monday.

4. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

What training is this?! Please please please tell me you not using questions and answers? It took me 6 months to study for 291 and i worked my butt off to pass first time and you telling me you did it in 7 days? come on mate i just got one word to say - IMPOSSIBLE im sorry :(

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  5. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

He's 17 years old - doubt he would have much experience, but you never know, he may be gifted.
    Wasn't Phoe young when he get his MCSE?

6. Ambushed

Ambushed Nibble Poster

How is it impossible? Is my $7000+ student loan just for MCSA impossible?

I've been studying MCSA for months and I've just been delayed on sitting the actual exams.

Theres about 6-8 students in my class.

7. Gary B

Gary B Nibble Poster

Passing certs isn't about passing exams it's about having experience and at 17 I just don't see that you have the sort of 'on the job experience' required

You've already admitted on here that you've used 2 braindump sites so I just find it difficult to say well done

Certifications: MCSA 2003
    WIP: You tell me
  8. Ambushed

Ambushed Nibble Poster

Yep, and once I found out what a braindump was I stopped using that software and went to transcender for studying purposes.

Frankly I don't give a **** what you think, just because of my age doesn't mean you can discriminate me every thread/post I make.

9. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass ambushed:), which study material did you find most useful or helpful if you don't mind sharing please?

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  10. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I have to say that I sat all four of my MCSA 2k exam quite close together, however I did do 5 MS Modules (over a year) in the evenings as well as working in IT.

Ambushed, please do not think that we're discriminating due to your age. It's the lack of experience that we're trying to get across. Professional exams are there to reflect your job role, responsiblities and development. There is currently a move among alot of IT managers (myself included) who are now disregarding the higher level professional IT certs if a person's experience does not reflect it.

The CCNA needs to be renewed every 3 years and MS certs are geared up towards specific MS technology. Not only that but if you do not end up working with Cisco equipment, how is that going to help you? What about if you end up working for a company that uses Apple mac's or linux? Where does that leave your MS certs? Or if you end up working in IT after your CCNA expires or when the MS technology that you've studied isn't being used? A $7000 loan, I would say is wasted...

I would strongly recommend at 17, go and do your degree (or equivalent). A degree is for life and is not technology specific, plus it can assist you in developing your career in the future.

Remember, just because you have a MCSA, a company will not automatically give you the "keys" to their server and network infrastucture. What happens in the real world is very different in what happens in the classroom and books.

I do say this as an IT manager & an IT lecturer.

However at the end of the day, the choice is yours and the money that you've taken out is yours. We, here, can only offer advice...

Congrats on the pass & not using braindumps.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  11. Ambushed

Ambushed Nibble Poster

Thanks, I thought that the 70-291 CBT nuggets videos were helpful and also the transender practice questions and exams.

Thats the plan next. :p

12. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

My thoughts, exactly.

Ambushed, most (if not all) of us are not saying that there's no way you can pass the exams... our point is that the certifications will be of little use to you because you don't have real-world experience. In fact, advanced certifications like the ones you are getting can be detrimental to you when pursuing your first IT job. If I were hiring for an entry-level job, I wouldn't hire you because you're overcertified... and if I were hiring for a CCNA-level or MCSA/MCSE-level job, I wouldn't hire you because of your lack of experience.

You're obviously very bright. However, ya gotta realize that we're not attacking you - we're trying to help you succeed in the IT career field. :)

Congrats for passing the exam.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  13. Gary B

Gary B Nibble Poster

If I descriminate against you for any reason it'll be due to the tone or the foul language you use to reply and agressiveness of those replies

regards

Certifications: MCSA 2003
    WIP: You tell me
  14. Dullage

Dullage Byte Poster

Congrats Ambushed :D

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network +
  15. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats on the pass mate, 70-291 is a tough one! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  16. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congrats

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  17. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Congrats! :)

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA