passed 291, now MCDBA?

Discussion in 'Network Infrastructure' started by gochieng, Jan 23, 2009.

1. gochieng

gochieng Bit Poster

:)after 3 months of intensive reading, practice and simulation tests, I got the courage and did the 291. I had been forewarned in the Cert forum of the heavy testing of DNS. and boy, I concentrated on the DNS/ DHCP chapter. by exam time, I was dreaming and talking DNS! along the way, subnetting disturbed me (I expressed this in this forum) but got ample advise from gurus. I went to the exam above average confident even of this area. I got some simulations, and yes in DNS!!. Phew! I thought needed some rest, but Iam now addicted to reading (an average of 09 hours daily!!) Iam still on leave with a gracious reason to sit exams-Mar 08 to Mar 2009! However in the last 12 months I have only managed an exam every 3 months. can I beat the MArch deadline of retiring the 2003 track. or should I contend with the the MCDBA, if this is the credential I deserve for 228, 229, 290 and 291. However I seem to see the similarity of 293 with 291 that I may try my hand in it. any advise.
    gochieng

Certifications: MCP, MCDBA
    WIP: MCSE
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Go on, might as well give it a go. What do you have to lose?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

There is no March deadline for retiring the 2003 track... no announcements have been made about retiring the MCSE 2003. Considering they just retired the MCSE 2000 last year, I doubt the MCSE 2003 will retire anytime soon.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!