Passed 291+ 290 both in the same day!!!

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Fluid, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Fluid

Fluid Byte Poster

Hi lads im nearlly MCSA qualified w0000000t. Passed both my 291+290 exams in the same the im currently over the moon, this will help me a alot when im job hunting. Im planning to start my MCSE and MCDBA by next week so hopefully by the end of this year i would be MCSA, MCSE and MCDBA.

Microsoft Certification Exams Completed Successfully

Exam ID Description Date Completed
    291 Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure Sep 17, 2007
    290 Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment Sep 17, 2007
    270 Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional Sep 10, 2007:D :D :D :D :D :D

2. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Congrats Fluid. :D

3. ajs1976

ajs1976 Byte Poster

congrats

Certifications: MCSE, CCEA, Sec+, L+, N+
    WIP: 2008, CAG, or CCENT (not sure)
  4. Shepherdess

Shepherdess Bit Poster

it's inhuman!! :D

Congratulations!!

WIP: MCSE, MCTS
  5. Rafek

Rafek Kilobyte Poster

Wow nice work, congratz

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: IPT/IPCC stuff
  6. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Congrats!

Can I ask how you managed to pass these 3 exams in a week? What resources did you use? How did you study etc?

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  7. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Congratulations now go off and lie in a darkened room to let your brain recover 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  8. Fluid

Fluid Byte Poster

thanks lads! The only resources which i used were the Microsoft Press books, and my previous practical experience in IT helped me out ALOT!

9. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

previous IT experience? - assuming your age in your profile is correct, you're 19 - where did you get the experience from?? Would be useful to know for other keen people! :)

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  10. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Really impressive, well done mate :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
  11. Fluid

Fluid Byte Poster

Well started off when i was 16 years old my school sent me off for work experiance i choose an IT company and every christmass/summer/easter holidays they asked me to come back and work for them. When i left school they asked me to join them full time. And then from there i worked for another IT company for 6 months before i left. Its all about learning at home, if your that keen instead of watching TV you would be setting up HTTP servers, DNS server, setup active directory at home with roaming profiles just do all sorts just for the fun of it. I actually enjoy doing these things. At the moment i have 2 desktop pc's, 2 laptops and a mac G4. Im building another server and im ordering cisco routers and switches as CCNA is my next certificate which i am to get after the MCSE and MCSA + MCDBA. Remmber iv just recently turned 19 so i dont really work that much i just sit at home all day behind computers apart from going out etc. Thats the benefit of living with parents you dont pay ANYTHING :P heheh well hope this has helped some people.

12. Fluid

Fluid Byte Poster

Thank you :)

13. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Watch out boys, there may be a latent genius in our midsts. I personally find that threatening, and will be setting up bear traps at test centres all over the country to get you :tongue

Also - congratulations. Two exams of any kind in one day is bad enough - so to pass them both is great. Grab yourself a well deserved drink. :cheers :alc

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  14. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Duct tape and bear trap fetishes, I'm really getting worried about the women in IT on this board :blink:biggrin

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  15. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Watch out for getting overcertified past your experience level... it can sometimes hurt you more than help you when looking for employment - check out Arroryn's excellent article that she posted a couple of days ago.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  16. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Congratulations with the pass, but give ear to the valuable adviced given above. Best wishes:biggrin

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  17. Fluid

Fluid Byte Poster

LOL :D :D :D :D :D thanks everyone!! Well iv got 5 more exams for my MCSE and im also doing my MCDBA in the next week or two so lets see how they go. Still though iv been struggling to get a job, iv been applying for jobs down "Canary Wharf" finance capital and lots of jobs down central london but i think it must have something to do with my age or lack of experiance. Still no luck for a job, not even 1st line support! *GULP*

18. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

It has *everything* to do with your lack of experience.

Again, more certifications won't make that better... it can make it worse. Companies will take one look at your pile of certs with no experience and think one of three things:

1) This guy must have braindumped his way through these exams because he doesn't have any real world experience (doesn't matter if you did or not... that'll be the perception).
    2) Look at all this guy's certifications! He's probably going to expect a lot of money (and then trash your resume without even calling - yes, that happens).
    3) Look at all this guy's certifications! Sure, we could hire him, but he'll probably end up leaving for something better or more advanced or for more money in just a few months, and we'll have to train up someone else for the position... hiring him is too big a risk for us to take.

Stop certifying, and make looking for a job your only focus. All the time you're studying, you could be looking and knocking on doors. If you are not applying for entry-level jobs, you should be doing so... not jobs that require certifications, not jobs that require experience. You need to get your foot in the door. More certs aren't going to make that happen.

Keep in mind this advice is coming from someone who makes their living off of selling certification training products...

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  19. Fluid

Fluid Byte Poster

Hi, Thanks for the advice boson. I have one year experiance as a computer engineer for a company called Century Systems and another 6 months experiance as a computer engineer at another company called The Computer Doctor. The only jobs which i have been applying for are 1st line support jobs and help desk jobs. I still cant see why i cant seem to get a job in IT is there anything below 1st line support? Perhaps if i showed a copy of my CV to someone they could look through it for me to try and see if theres anything wrong with it? If anyone could do that id be gratefull!

20. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

I been looking around for jobs in London recently, not that I want to change employer, im happy where I am at the moment. Problem is what I found was that the vast majority of banking/insurance companies want a education level of Uni Graduate, not just professional certifications... which isnt good for those of us looking to get into that area of the world! Oh well, plan B, im off to Uni Lol :)