Passed 290

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by steve_f, Oct 18, 2008.

1. steve_f

steve_f Byte Poster

I sat the 290 exam this morning and passed!!

I found it MUCH easier than expected. I found the Transcender and Measure Up exams tough, as there were lots of "choose all that apply", drag and drop into the correct order" and generally tough questions.

I found the questions very straightforward today, and the sims were very easy to use. To be honest it felt like a normal day at work, answering these questions. I spend most of my work days on server 2000 and 2003, doing mostly 2nd line work with some 3rd line and network adminstrator duties.

I have spent 4 months working towards this exam, and the last 10 days I have been studying and doing practical stuff on my VMware network from 7 to 12PM every night including weekends. I got 980 in the end. Very pleased. I do tend to over-prepare but it's worth it in the end.

Without breaking NDA (I hope) there were 30 questions, including 4 or 5 sims. There were questions on WSUS but not specifically about WSUS, you would have been able to answer them whether you had studied WSUS or SUS.

On to 290, which I am dreading. It's pitched slightly higher than my duties in work, so I won't have such an easy ride with that!!!

Already on my second beer, at 2:20PM. :morebeer

Certifications: MCDST, MCSA 2003+Messaging, MCITP:SA, MCSA 2008, ITIL v3 Foundation, Comptia Server+ 2009, CCA Xenapp 6.5, VCP5-DV
    WIP: CCENT, CCNA, CCSA
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Well done that man !

Congrats !

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Well done and congratulations!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  5. Dullage

Dullage Byte Poster

Congrats on the pass :D

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network +
  6. oliness

oliness Bit Poster

Congrats but I assume you mean onto 291! That's the exam I have in two weeks. But for now, enjoy the beer.:biggrin

Certifications: A+, Security+, MCP, MCSA
    WIP: MCSE
  7. steve_f

steve_f Byte Poster

Thanks, I meant 291!! Can't seem to edit the post now. I blame the beer.

good luck in your 291, it looks tough!! Just finished the TCP/IP chapter of the Ms book which was 70% new to me

Certifications: MCDST, MCSA 2003+Messaging, MCITP:SA, MCSA 2008, ITIL v3 Foundation, Comptia Server+ 2009, CCA Xenapp 6.5, VCP5-DV
    WIP: CCENT, CCNA, CCSA
  8. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Grats! :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA