Passed 271 but it's not over yet!

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by hugorilho, Jun 16, 2009.

1. hugorilho

hugorilho Byte Poster

So I just passed 271 this morning with a good score (866), and I'm already set up to start studying for the 272, get this thing over with and start applying for jobs and gain some real-world experience. It's a relief to see that I'm making progress and that I'm able to learn this stuff without any previous IT experience (apart from the slightly more than average knowledge of Windows).

When I passed the exam I felt good but I also felt like there is still a long way until the finish line. I also felt that for the past 3 months I've been studying to pass an exam, and not exactly to *really* learn all this stuff. Hopefully this feeling of unease will calm down after I get a job. It's going to be really hard couse in the North East things are preaty bad in terms of IT jobs, well it's been like that everywhere...So all we have to do is carry on learning as much as one can and be positive.

I don't have any special advice to give to people who are studying for the 271. I used the sybex book and CBT but I'm a visual learner so CBT was the one who did it for me.

I would like to thank you for all your patience and guidance during these last few months. Certforums will always be the coolest forum on the planet!

Enough talk, now let's nail that 272!!!

Certifications: MCDST
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Sounds like a few beers are in order. :D

I'm sure once you start using the skills you have learnt and getting paid for it you'll feel much better.

Congrats on the pass :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. hugorilho

hugorilho Byte Poster

Hum...now what. How long does it normally take to have both MCPID and access code to MCP Member site on my inbox?

Certifications: MCDST
  4. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Generally you'll receive it within 48 hours.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  5. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass and good luck on 272!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. Necroscope

Necroscope Nibble Poster

Congrats for the pass and good luck with 70-272

Certifications: A+, N+,70-210, 70-270,MCDST,ECDL,CSCS
    WIP: ITIL v3 Foundation (sent me to sleep 3 times don't think made it past page 15), 70-680
  8. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

Congrats ... on to the 272 same as me ... i just want it out the way now.

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  9. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Congrats on the pass. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  10. Elhaj

Elhaj Nibble Poster

Congrats and good luck with 272.

Certifications: Bsc Economics, MCDST
    WIP: what's the point?
  11. StormTHX

StormTHX Byte Poster

Congrats! You'll probably blow your mind once you start working in the "real" world.:lolbang

Certifications: MCDST, MCP (210), A+, ITIL Foundations
    WIP: Taking a break then onto MCSE