Passed 270

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by dcuk, Mar 8, 2006.

1. dcuk

dcuk Bit Poster

Well after three months of work, more hard work, and procastination I've finally passed. I came through with a perfect score of 1000, and am in still somewhat of a haze. I'm pretty sure that I have got one of the questions wrong but it may have been in the non-evaluated set. Two of the questions were identical, even down to the name of the person and the options, the questions were ony 4 questions apart. I did mention it to the test centre, however I asked them not to report it to MS incase they drop down my score!!.

As for prep for this exam, I first of all read through 290 in detail, I don't see how you can do 270 without it, or 290 without 270. It's only after I read both of them that a lot of stuff made sense. I also worked like a B@sT%^d, transcenders, exam cram, the MS books (which I really like), testout cbt course, MS Kb. Also help from my bro who is already an MCSE. Obviously went in there totally overprepared, though didn't feel like it. I would definately recommend transcenders, as they syntactically pose the question in the same format as MS (why MS feel the need to test your verbal reasoning I really don't know).

This guide was invaluable

http://computer-tech.8m.com/windows_xp_profession.htm

unfortuantely you will need to get the google cached copy as the original site is down. I would seriously appreciate it if anyone has something similar for 290.

So only a few more exams to go, and after this I'll be happy with scrapes!

dc

p.s. thanks to all the people who helped me and answered my assanine questions!

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Congrats dcuk! :biggrin

It's great to see someone work so hard for their cert that they get a perfect score! :biggrin

You may have felt that you were over prepared for the exam, but that extra knowledge will have served you well, and will only help you further in the future!

:biggrin

3. Muhozya

Muhozya Bit Poster

Congratulation!!! Dcuk :) :)

Certifications: IT Diploma, w2k Professional, Server+
    WIP: MCSE
  4. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass! :biggrin

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  5. juice142

juice142 Megabyte Poster

Well done!!!

:clap :thumbleft

Certifications: BSc (Hons), A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270, MCSA
  6. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Congrats! Time to relax for at least 10 mins? :biggrin

:beers2

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Wow. A perfect score, dcuk. I've never known anyone who did that before. Well done, mate. :D

[​IMG]

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  8. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Congrats :beers2

Wow a perfect score,man you must be pleased :biggrin

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  9. dcuk

dcuk Bit Poster

Thanks all, I don't think that I'll be going for VB's more like HS (hard spirits!). I've had a chance to reflect on the score and there were definately a couple of flukes in there! I was also really lucky that they only asked me trivial security questions (my weakest point), also the obligatory blue tooth question (read up on that thanks to this forum). By the way, I really don't expect to ace another one anytime soon, a simple pass will be fine for me.

I also had the opportunity to speak (Gloat) to my friend\exam buddy this afternoon, who was supposed to be sitting the exam the same time as me (another procastinator). Looked at his T**t K*** dump and noticed that a couple of the questions that were on my exam had different answers to the ones that I had given. Now that really did leave a sweet taste in my mouth, had I used dumps I would never have hit a perfect score, let that be a lesson to all dump users.

10. zenboy

zenboy Bit Poster

I've read that others have scores above 1000 on this exam. Don't know if the score is capped at 1000. Congratz on the high score!

11. Pete01

Pete01 Kilobyte Poster

Good score mate, can't go wrong with 100%

I'm studying this one now and it's damned hard.

Well done!

Certifications: MCP (NT4) CCNA
    WIP: 70-669, Learning MSI packaging
  12. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

Congratulations on passing the exam! :D

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+