Passed 270!

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by cavey76, Jul 10, 2008.

1. cavey76

cavey76 Bit Poster

First MCP exam today, 270....was a bundle of nerves after not getting any better than 68% during practise exams. I got even worse when after 4 questions the system kicked me out, same thing happened after another 5 or 6 questions..:blink...the invigilator tells me there is a problem between Microsoft and Prometric at the moment...:rolleyes:. Anywho, got myself together and from question 32 onward it all just seemed to come together. Think i got everything right from then on in. Finished with 825 and am as happy as Larry.

Couple of Qs,

825? So thats 82.5% then?

Next onto 290 (server 2003). I will be going onto complete my MCSE, working on it full time now, being forced/paid to by work. Invigilator suggested it would be a good idea to get straight into 2008/Vista when i am completed. It's not a pre req for what i am doing but as i get the buzz i can see myself paying for it if my company don't.

Anyone else went this way or alternately anyone taken any steps toward trainer qualifications?

cheers

cavey

PS Thanks to all just for posting. It's re-assuring to hear other peoples experiences and gives great motivation to myself:cheers

Certifications: MCSE Server 2003, MCTS OCS2007 R2, CCNA
    WIP: CCNA Voice, Sharepoint
  2. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass! I remember when I did that exam I felt pretty nervous because I hate how microsoft questions are so long. Anyways for my self I will stick with the 2003 route for now mostly because our domain is composed of 2000/2003 servers and exchange 2003 and windows XP pro for workstations so I don't see any benefits in going straight into 2008/vista certs yet. I will however probably start updating my current MCDST to an MCITP.

I would recommend to do what ever it is more convenient for you at the moment, everyone's situation is different. Good luck.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  3. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass, you MCP you :)

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  4. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass mate

Do yourself a favour though and ignore the advice of the invigilator. Hes not an IT pro he's someone who looks after an electronic exam room. I had one try to convince me to become a MCT!!!!

You'll most likely be doing the vista/server 08 stuff after the MCSE anyway but for advice just ask here. We got it all. IT pros, novices, technical writers to name but a few

again well done

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  5. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass mate, nice one :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

No - there's no proof that the minimum is 0, the maximum is 1000, or that some questions aren't worth more than others. So you got an 825. That's all the info you can get out of your score.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  9. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well done :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  10. cavey76

cavey76 Bit Poster

prof, yeah i know what you mean regarding question length. Must be my inherent laziness that makes my heart drop when i realise that i have to read through several paragraphs before getting to the "what should you do" bit.

skulkerboyo, haha, similarly the invigilator, who to be fair to him was an MCSE had a go about going for MCT status....apparantly they are in short supply over here in Northern Ireland. I said calm the beans big man, i still have 6 exams to go. I've booked 290 for the end of the month and will hopefully be ready to rock and roll with the next couple of weeks solid study

thanks all

Cavey

Certifications: MCSE Server 2003, MCTS OCS2007 R2, CCNA
    WIP: CCNA Voice, Sharepoint