1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Passed 220-601 today!!

Discussion in 'A+' started by Gabor Hun, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Gabor Hun

Gabor Hun New Member

Hello everyone

Just came out of the test centre an hour ago!!! Passed the Essentials with a score of 750 and taking the 220-602 on the 16th.
    I would like to say thank you guys at CertForums coz I have seen and read soo much useful information here.

Which would be the better next certification N+ or MCDST?

Thanks to all on CertForums again.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  2. Big_nath

Big_nath Kilobyte Poster

Well done!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA, MCSA:M, MCSE, MCTS
    WIP: A few
  3. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Well done!

I've advise the N+ and then the MCDST.

Purely because networking basics will help you with the latter.

:)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  4. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

I agree with Qs' advice. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Congrats on the pass! :D

6. wagnerk

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

I agree, do the Network+ and then the MCDST :)

-ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  7. del_port

del_port Byte Poster

Yes i'm coming round to agreeing after all that a bit more networking knowledge can be usefull for the mcdst exam.

Initially i said a while ago that networking isn't top of the list for this subject,and is more of an irrelevance,as the mcdst only has 2 visible networking sections out of the one dozen required study subjects.

I did pass the mcdst exam without knowing much about networking,but during the exam a little more networking knowledge would have been fine.

Well done on the pass.

So i'd agree A+ ,followed by network +, followed by mcdst,if you are unemployed i think they are teaching the mcdst free of charge in edinburgh,it's normally an expensive subject to study.
    http://www.ecta.org.uk/mcdst
    The course is very long though by the looks of it,this is only a 50 hour subject,edinburgh are taking 140 hours to teach this subject which seems a bit over the top.

Certifications: A+ and MCDST 70-271
    WIP: mcdst 272
  8. G_uk

G_uk Bit Poster

Well done Gabor. It's a great feeling :biggrin

9. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats mate :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Exchange 2007\2010