Passed 220-301 Core hardware!!!!

Discussion in 'A+' started by Fanatical, Apr 26, 2007.

1. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

I think it comes down to money and time.

If everyone who has passed one exam in 2003 objectives were to drop the other and start learning the 2006 objectives. Then we would have to shell out more money on books and resources.
    Also a lot people need the A+ now to apply for the jobs. I have seen the new A+ objectives and must admit was amazed why they have split it into three groups?

My current employer doesn't support A+ 2003 objectives or the new 2006 objectives. He said they are not relevant to the job and yet it is one of the requirements on the job spec. :blink

Instead he is more in favour for the ITIL, and from what I have read here and on other forums I think is total pants! Compared to A+:x

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

He still has time to pass the 2003 objectives so there is no harm in setting a realistic timescale to pass the exam, if he waits until the 2006 objectives come out then the whole A+ cert will take longer to get completed.

Then after that perhaps he can go for the Network+, MCDST, MCSE and finally world domination :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Congratulations Fanatical, good feeling isn't it. :)

As for the next exam, you should be able to knock that off before the end of June dude ...

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  4. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

FanaticalCongrats my friend and sorry for the delay in congrutlating you

i wouldn't say its total pants, not because i studying for, it would be because it would be total pants if you have no interest what so ever in becoming management within an IT infrastructure. If you do at some point, steer towards that direction, then ITIL should be one of the courses to jump on...

5. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

funny you say that, I've got the secret, unerground lair already planned for beneath my vegetable patch! Actually the N+was probably going to be the next step and then i'd see where the job mark will take me...

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: MCITP: SA
  6. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

I find there mixed views on this and after reading the ITIL forum I am not sure where I stand on this subject. Also when I read Zeb's experience on ITIL I can't help wonder why bother? :blink

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  7. spitfirebbmf

spitfirebbmf Bit Poster

Well done :beers2

WIP: A+
  8. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Hey Congrats on the pass and good luck with the OS exam.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA