Passed 073-682.

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Modey, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Well I just took this one and thought it was quite challenging. (passed with 812). Given that it's an upgrade from the old MCDST that could lull you into a false sense of security a little bit.

It was loads harder than that MCDST which I remember being some of the easiest exams I took.

My first and only experience with Win 7 exams, but its enough for me I think. :)

As for the exam itself, it was split into two sections (25 questions each) with the first part definitely tougher than the second I felt. Quite a few large scenario style questions on part 1 with quite a bit of information to take in. I didn't feel like I was short of time at any point though, had 45mins left on part 1, so it was time for a loo break! :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass mate, next exam: Windows 8 and Server 2012 :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Prefix threw me. 73 is for students, right? Or an academy program or something?

I took it just after it came out, and it was a right royal pain, I only just passed as well.

There's a lot more server side knowledge that's required on this one compared to other previous client exams (271, 272, 620 etc), plus the split between the 680 content and the 685 is quite wide imho.

Congrats on the pass mate, very well done :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  4. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Thanks guys. Yeah, we are an MS Academy, so the vouchers we buy (the cheap ones, come with 073 prefix)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada