Paisley University/CIW courses

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by thecatsmother, Aug 10, 2007.

1. thecatsmother

thecatsmother Byte Poster

I've recently found Paisley University offer the CIW courses by distance learning, and considerably cheaper than any of the training providers I've seen. At £199 per module (including the exam fee if you sit it at Paisley Uni, but if not you have to pay for that yourself) it's really well priced, IMHO. I really wish I'd known this before I signed up with SkillsTrain. I thought I'd pass on the info for anyone else who wants to go with a training provider, but isn't committed to one yet. The only drawback is they have particular start dates... next one late Sep for anyone thinking of this!

Oh, and people on low incomes can use ILA (Scotland) credits on it, and some people on benefits can apply for reduced fees and fee waivers.

WIP: CIW Website Design Manager
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Could you not cancel your skillstrain course and join Paisley Uni or have you paid and signed contracts with skillstrain?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. spitfirebbmf

spitfirebbmf Bit Poster

CIW course's look cheaper than the rest of the providers thanks for the info.

WIP: A+
  4. thecatsmother

thecatsmother Byte Poster

I'm too far down the line to cancel. It was all paid for upfront. I'm not all that unhappy with SkillsTrain anyway, though obviously I'd have considered Paisley had I known. I'm a third of the way through the 5 module course already though, and would have had to wait till September 24th to start with Paisley. Another worry would have been you have to do each module in 12 weeks at Paisley. I have a health problem that's a bit unpredictable, so SkillsTrain gives me more flexibility from that point of view. I might have risked it if I'd known, but really I'm only mentioning it for the benefit of others who haven't committed to a training provider yet.

WIP: CIW Website Design Manager