packet tracer 5

Discussion in 'Networks' started by kareem1000, May 21, 2008.

1. kareem1000

kareem1000 New Member

Hi,

I 've just installed packet tracer 5 ( this is a network simulation package for the Cisco CCNA course ) on my home computer. Every time I try to run it, I get the following error message,

"The packet tracer 5.0 test period is over. The application is no longer functional. Please contact your test coordinator".

Does anyone know how I might be able to resolve this problem ?

The packet tracer 5 is a test version, i.e it is not officially released yet. Therefore there is no technical support line that I can contact.

Regards,
    Kareem

2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Where did you get this software? Can you contact the people who run the site where you downloaded the application? BTW, just how uh...legitimate is this application? Who created it?

EDIT: I moved the thread because it didn't make much sense to have it in the "Jobs" forum. Seemed to fit more in "Networking".

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I would have thought that the obvious thing would be to contact your Cisco Academy tutor about this.

I'd not heard of it before, but I found this on Cisco's web site:
    Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

I hope the mods have tagged this users name and IP address. :twisted:

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  5. nothingmater

nothingmater Bit Poster

From what i had found the only way, to get Packet trace was to get under an academy teacher and get it for free.
    I found no back doors to getting it free.
    Sorry but i think your out of luck.