Packages failing to pull on XP RM network

Discussion in 'Networks' started by Enigma101, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Enigma101

Enigma101 Bit Poster

I have an issue on our XP network where when i build a workstation it fails to pull all software packages, although i can logon and use the workstation afterwards?

The XP machines do have an overlay of RM CC3 network software which complicates matters somewhat :biggrin
    I am coming to the conclusion that it is due to windows installer 3.1 and windows installer xpsp3 being allocated to the workstation when the original 3.1 installer is now superseeded by the new 3.1 installer for service pack 3?

Any ideas?

Certifications: 70-270 70-290
    WIP: MCSE
  2. Enigma101

Enigma101 Bit Poster

Sorry for posting it here should be under software or networking...if someone would care to move this thread?:)

3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Moved.

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

A couple of questions...

1. Did RM package the software or did you do it? If it was done by RM, you may need to get an updated package.

2. Have you tried manually running the packages? To make sure that it isn't corrupted itself.

3. Have you checked event viewer? Are there any errors or warning relating to the installation?

4. Have you tried deploying them on a PC on it's own VLAN or network? To rule out network traffic.

5. Have you tried deploying them on a PC with XP SP2 installed only? To rule out if it's an issue with SP3 and RM.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. Enigma101

Enigma101 Bit Poster

Thanks Ken

I can rule out network traffic, package corruption may be although it was working ok until 3 weeks ago.
    Checked the event logs and lots of errors relating towards msinstaller