pack of wild dogs devours croc.....

Discussion in 'Just for Laughs' started by moominboy, Oct 29, 2005.

1. moominboy

moominboy Gigabyte Poster

READ FIRST.... SHOCKING STUFF

Dogs savage a crocodile

Sometimes nature is cruel but there is also a beauty in that cruelty.

The crocodile as one of the ultimate predators can fall victim to the kind of implemented 'team work' strategy which is possible due to the pack mentality and social structure of canines.

See the attached and remarkable photograph courtesy of Nature Magazine - but not if you're squeamish!

Attached Files:

Certifications: ECDL
    WIP: A+
  2. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Your link doesn't work. I get an "invalid attachment" error.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  3. moominboy

simongrahamuk, just said the same but it works with me?

i'll attach it normally then folks.

4. ffreeloader

That's pretty funny, moom.

And just to satisfy my curiousity.... How did you come up with your handle? I've been trying to figure out what a "moominboy" is for quite a while. :blink :biggrin

5. Dream_In_Infrared

Dream_In_Infrared Nibble Poster

I am guessing his handle is derived from the animated eastern European childrens programme "The Moomins". I used to watch it when I was a kid. Class act.

Certifications: None :(
  6. moominboy

well it's not a long story but one that's kind of grow over the past few years.

i was born in undoubtedly the best decade for kids programs and after a few beers always have long conversations with my mates about old cartoons, and the moomins were one of my faves.

but the handle came about when i tried to set-up a yahoo mail account and all the obvious ones like my name and even my name and 8 digit army number were taken (!) so i chose moominboy.

even now on some sites, someone else has pinched my handle....... gits.

:tongue

7. ffreeloader

You were born in the sixties? I've always thought of you as younger than that.... :D

8. moominboy

the secret is moisturiser....lol!

nah the 80's mate, crap music, clothes, hair! but kids tv....excellent!

9. ffreeloader

Hmmm.... Didn't know Leave it to Beaver, Mr. Ed, Gilligan's Island, The Andy Griffith Show, My Three Sons, etc... were made in the 80's.... :biggrin :twisted:

10. moominboy

ahhh mr ed! awesome, classic, stupendous but i'm afraid i never saw gilligans island, haven't heard of my 3 sons or leave it to beaver?

and andy griffiths rings a very small doll sized bell.....

11. ffreeloader

Here is a link to the website of a cable channel here in the US that just runs reruns of the old classics. There is a listing of the programs down the left side of the page.

In addition to the ones I listed I'd have to add: I Dream of Jeannie, I Love Lucy, The Munsters, The Addams Family, and Green Acres. There's more too, but I can't recall all of them off the top of my head, and this is just a list of the shows this channel currently runs.

One more to add that just popped up: Get Smart.

12. moominboy

ahhh the classics! love em!

13. ffreeloader

They beat 80's TV hands down if you ask me. I know it's what you grew up with, but I've always thought 80's TV sucks when compared with what was on in the 60's. It was much more original, imo.

14. moominboy

well yeah i agree in some ways like sit-coms, but kids tv from the 80's kicks ass.
    cheers, the golden girls and uk gameshows from then are so awesome.

15. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Moomin, that is really sad mate.

Freddy, thanks for the link mate. I also grew up watching all of those.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  16. moominboy

you don't like the golden girls?!?!

shocking!

17. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Me too. And nobody mentioned Little House on the Prairie
    Always made me :cry:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  18. ffreeloader

The wife and I have been sitting here thinking about some of the old shows.

We've remembered Dobie Gillis, My Three Sons, Eddie's Father, My Mother the Car, Ozzie and Harriet, Father Knows Best, Gidget, Family Affair, The Real McMcoy's, The Beverly Hillbillies, My Favorite Martian, Car 51, and I think we're running out of steam. Anyway, I know of very few shows out of the 80's that could compare with the oldies from the 50's and 60's. They just didn't seem to have the originality and quality of writing, imo.

19. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Just come to this Thread now after a busy weekend, and have to so agree with Moom. I'm a sixties-born, eighties-fed kid who loves those cartoons. I also agree that the humour on TV and the music (big hair and all) were stupendous.

However, credit where credit is due, there is some cracking comedy at the moment (and in the last decade) - Friends, Frasier, Little Britain, The Fast Show to name a tiny few ( has US comedy ever been so well scripted ?), and as for cartoons, anyone who never had the chance (aka most of you, cos the scheduling was for kids TV time and my job and kid at the time allowed me to see it) - lest we forget Yoko, Jakamoko,Toto - fantastic !!! :biggrin

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  20. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I think I'd have to disagree with you there Jak. All of the later decades US so called comedy that I've ever seen seems to consist only of blatant sexual inuendos and put downs intended to make the other person look bad or stupid. Must be why I've given up watching tv.:oops:

It may just be me but I think the older shows had smarter comedy.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685