Overwhelmed - advice please?

Discussion in 'A+' started by Tweeky, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Tweeky

Tweeky New Member

Hi everyone, I've been poking around these forums and they're great!

I'm currently still in high school. I attend a tech school half day, in which one of the courses is a Cisco Networking Academy. They offer CCNA 1 and 2, and IT Essentials. I've just completed IT Essentials, and my teacher has been encouraging me to get my A+. I've known for awhile, and I've studied here and there, but my first test is next week. We've been in CCNA 1, and it has been distracting me from my studies for A+. But anyway, in this next week I really wanna crack down and have a better shot at passing my exam.

I have Mike Meyers book, and as I look at the index, I feel as if I know a lot of it. I can pass the practice exams, but I still don't feel confident. I can't go over the whole book again in a week - but I would like to do something.

Can anybody give my any advice of how I should focus my last cram studies? Any help would be very appreciated. :)

2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

A bit difficult to suggest something for just a week. Normaly I'd suggest that you get some practical experience by getting hold of a extra computer and taking it apart, rebuilding it, and just general trying some things. James Pyles book "PC Technician - Street Smarts" would be a useful guide.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Harry is spot on about the Street Smarts book.

If you've been doing the pracice exams from the Meyers book, you should know which are your weak areas. Concentrate on those, and skim the stuff you know.

All the best.

4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums... :cowboy