Over qualified help

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Vdubster187, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Vdubster187

Vdubster187 Bit Poster

Hi all,

I have been in a monthly renewed contract role for the last year, as you can imagine every month is a worry.

I am a field engineer and its a case of once you have done one job you have done them all with very little variety in day to day work other then location.

The money is great for what I do, kind of the only thing keeping me in the job. My concern is I passed my CCNA nearly 2 years ago and haven't used it as such since, there is word my contract may end soon or it could last another 6 - 12 months its all up in the air and very insecure.

I also feel I have fallen out of touch with IT in general and haven't touched a server in this year also.

My question is has anyone else experienced this with contracting, would an employer frown upon the fact I haven't had much recent exposure to the IT equipment I am skilled in.

Many thanks

Vdubster

Certifications: A+ (2009), MCDST, NVQ2 IT, CCNA, CCNA (S) MCP (70-290) McAfee NSP