Problem Outlook 2013 frequent contacts lost daily

Discussion in 'Software' started by shadowwebs, Jan 14, 2015.

1. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

I have a user whom at the end of each day, any frequent contacts she has sent an e-mail to are lost. Using Outlook 2013. It's only affecting this one user as far as I can tell at the moment.

Now, from what I believe to be true is that frequent contacts store within the .nk2 file. I know that this user does not have a temporary profile, although she does have a roaming profile but then again, so does everyone here.

The .nk2 file is nowhere to be found within her profile, yet whilst logged on it will start to remember frequent contacts and then after logging off and back on, it forgets them all.

I did have a look around Google and tried a few things myself like clearing locally cached profiles, deleting the Outlook folder within \roaming\microsoft but this hasn't made any difference. I have created a new mail profile on the PC, and I have tried "outlook.exe /importnk2" but this has made no difference.

Can anyone help me with this one?

Thanks

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  2. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

The NK2 is no longer, as of Outlook 2010. It's all contained within the OST file.

If it's corrupt (not adding new entries) then you may need to completely clear it, to be able to rebuild it. Have a gander here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...complete/4e4978f1-153c-4385-aed1-daccf319a948

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA