Outlook 2003 folder update.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Fergal1982, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Is there a way in outlook 2003 to set which folders update in which order from the exchange server?

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

i wasnt aware it worked on a folder by folder basis, its to do with the mail timestamp isnt it?
    not sure exactly what your asking, or in what situation
    but thats my experiance with it

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

no, but i think (not sure) that you can accomplish this by defining several send/receive groups (ctrl-alt-s) each with their own folder(s), because as far as i know outlook will go down that list in order, and if not, you can at least define different intervals.

4. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

as i understand it, when you initially log on, it runs down the folder list, updating from the server. after that, i think you are right, it just updates by timestamp. but it was just the initial synch i was look at.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present