out of my depth??

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by irf, Nov 12, 2007.

1. reksuk

reksuk New Member

Ello and welcome - I hate to be the bearing of bad news but I went down the same track (or similar) as you are doing at the moment, but I went through Scheidegger Training - after seeing adverts in newspapers.

A bloke came round suggested doing an A+ certification course and promptly gave me a quick exam (which I managed to pass - apart from 2 questions to do with networking). Anyway he told me the course would be completed depending on how quick you can complete the course work and exams at the end of each section.
    I completed all course work on the 2 Jan and promptly rang for my exam dates etc, to which i got told I couldn't take the exam until April due to the fact they were sitting exams in Jan and because I had not completed the course in time I had to wait :mad.
    I then had to wait around until April to take the test and found out I had was only taking a City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in ICT (Systems Support) - so I complained but apparently the lecturers did not know anything about taking an A+ certification course exam.

So I would suggested getting out (unless you have been given everything in writing that the exam at the end is what they say it is and not something completely different) save your money and go back to college (like I have done to complete my A+) - its cheaper and easier :biggrin
    Happy Studying

Certifications: HND Electrical & Electronic Engineering
    WIP: A+ Certification
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

There is a little icon at the top of each post on the right hand side which will bring up a box saying was this helpful if you think the post was then you can click on it and give somebody some reputation and leave a comment to say thanks or why you have given rep.

The power relates to how many posts you have made, the more power you have the more points you give when giving rep. So for example my power is 31 so if I give rep to someone I give 31 points.

If you give rep you only give someone 1 point, giving rep is a good way to let someone know that they have been very helpful with a question or questions they have answered.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?