OSX to Windows to start Comptia A, but which one?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by goatcher1981, Aug 3, 2012.

1. goatcher1981

goatcher1981 New Member

I'm just about to embark upon self study training of the Comptia A qualification, I'm currently using a Macbook Pro and have been using OSX for a couple of years now. Basically I need advice on what Windows OS I should install and start using to familiarise myself with the windows way, whether this be XP, 7 etc.

Ideally after the A+ I will be looking for a Helpdesk role and start the N+.

I have experience of XP from before I bought an Apple, and intend on buying a desktop PC in the coming months(have an old one I can tinker with for the A+).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

James

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I would probably just Bootcamp Windows 7 and go with that.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. goatcher1981

goatcher1981 New Member

Thats what I was thinking, silly as it may sound, just wanted to know for sure before I part with the reddies.

Thank you