OS exam question - Windows NT/2000/XP tools

Discussion in 'A+' started by Professor-Falken, Nov 30, 2006.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I could take the time to look in the book to try to find it... but since he said he was using the MM book, it stands to reason that it came from there. Even if it's not from there, unless he created the question on his own, then SOMEBODY owns copyright to it - the question's creator.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

You haven't had me - you don't know whether I'm worse or better. :twisted:

Back on subject - if you created content for a living, you'd feel the same way about copyright infringement as I do. 8)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

No, I do understand, and I agree with you wholeheartedly. To be honest, we were having discussions behind the scenes about this and as soon as we all agreed, on the right course of action, it was removed. Mike Myres does get a lot of positive recommendations from this site, so I am sure he would understand that there was a delay whilst we got our act together. Work and differing time zones, can detrimentally affect the otherwise smooth running of the CF ship :wink:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  4. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

So what should registered members do when studying A+.?

1) If they are stumped on a particular question in the MM book, should they refer to that question with page number and the edition number book or should they post the question via PM?:blink

2) Just Post the title -
    ie. what's the difference between Real Mode and Protected mode?

and then wait for members to post their reply and match it with the exercises/answers in the MM book?8)

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Neither.

Just ask us to explain in your own words, the concept you don't understand.

The MM book, is not a bible, it's just a book - keep it relevant to the CompTIA objectives.

I have never read the MM book, but that does not mean that I or someone else can't help.

6. Professor-Falken

Professor-Falken Kilobyte Poster

Wont happen again? But I would appreciate some help parapharasing.Could you give me an example of how to paraphrase questions. Ok thanks again and sorry about that.

Professor Falken

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia Network +
  7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

NP.

Okay, this is an example..

I am learnig about the different start up, recovery options in Windows XP. I would like to clarify when it is appropriate to use 'safe mode'. If a PC won't start normally, why would you use safe mode?

Also, I am confused about LKG (Last Known Good), when would you use this as opposed to safe mode?

I booted into the recovery console and all I saw was a command prompt. What is that supposed to do, there isn't even a GUI?

What is the difference between the recovery console and booting from the XP disk and pressing *R* to recover the system?

What is the difference between Windows 2000 ERD and XP's ASR?

etc...