Order the Windows Security Update CD

Discussion in 'News' started by SimonV, Feb 18, 2004.

1. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

[​IMG]<font size="3">Order the Windows Security Update CD</font>

The Windows Security Update CD will be shipped to you free of charge. This CD includes Microsoft critical updates released through October 2003 and information to help you protect your PC. In addition, you will also receive free antivirus and firewall trial software.

This CD is only available for Windows XP, Windows Me, Windows 2000, Windows 98, and Windows 98 Second Edition (SE).

View: Order the Windows Security Update CD UK Only | Worldwide

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. SimonV
      SimonV
    2. tripwire45
      tripwire45
      Thanks for the "heads up". I just ordered my CD. I'm not sure how useful some of the stuff will be since I try to keep all my computers completely updated. I'll try it out and let you know what I think.
    3. AJ
      AJ
      Got mine today.

Thanks for the heads up Si
    4. tripwire45
      tripwire45
      I just got mine in the mail today. Has anyone actually tried it out on one of their computers yet? How did it work? Anything blow up? I've got a virtual Windows XP Pro machine on my lab computer (VMWare) and am thinking of applying it there first.
    5. Jakamoko
      Jakamoko
      Oops - I missed this post lately. Read it originally, sent away and got my CD a couple of weeks ago.

It installs without any probs, Trip - certainly on my XP Pro machine. No hassles since.

Like Si says, put it on before connecting and you should be well-patched.

:D
    6. mattwest
      mattwest
      Very nice!

Thanks for the link! :D

Just ordered mine so will wait and see what its like.

(Very kind of MS to ship a free CD to people ?)

:?
    7. Jakamoko
      Jakamoko
      Hmmm, kind of them to ship all those security holes in the first place, you mean ? :lol:
    8. mattwest
      mattwest
      Yes very kind of them !!

:wink:

But you'd still expect them to charge you to fix their mistake! (he he)

Looks like they are finally listening to people and doing something to fix the problems.

The CD will help those LONG downloads (even on our 2MB link they take ages!)

Matt