Oracle courses

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by sp82, May 3, 2011.

1. sp82

sp82 New Member

Hi,

Need a bit of advise on potential courses I want to do. I have a background of Desktop Support and System Access Control and was made redundant in Jan. I have seen there's demand within the Oracle SQL area and want to try and move into this area. I have done a bit of research and found an entry point would be to do an OCA and an OCP qualification and learn PL SQL from basics to advance level (Oracle 11g: Advance PL/SQL Developer OCP). All three are boot camps over in India (Koenig) equating over £5000.

This would lead me to a junior database administrator role. Would it be difficult to break into this area by simply having the certificates? It's a lot of money I'm willing to spend but need to know if it's a good move?

Any advise would be great...:D

2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

You are unlikely to get a job with a certification alone, Koenig are known to use braindumps, they used to be cheap, but now they look like an expensive low quality trainer that uses dumps...

With little experience you will struggle to pass OCA legitamately, OCP would be almost impossible for someone in your position to pass legitamately.

Last edited: May 3, 2011