1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Openittraining.com/ microsoftuk.co.uk

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Aizen, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Aizen

Aizen New Member

Hello, i have been given an online course via openittraining.com and was just trying to find a little info about the company, iv'e not been able to find much in the way of reviews which seems odd. From the reviews i did find they all seemed to be negative. Does anyone have experience in using this website? Should i complete the course or try to get a refund?

Thanks.

2. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

You say you were given a course, but mention a refund. How much have you paid for this?

The fact that they list MCSA:Windows 7 as entry level, and advertise that you get an MCSA in Windows 7 would make me suspicious - MS retired the MCSA in Windows 7 last year

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  3. Aizen

Aizen New Member

I didn't pay anything for it, a family member gave it to me as a christmas present. As I haven't done any online courses before I decided to try and do abit of research and from what i read, the company uses "braindumps" and other posts saying to stay clear away from the site, a few from this forum but they were posted a few years back.

I don't know if a refund could be possible, i've not got round to taking any of the tests as of yet.

4. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Generally any company that Classifies an MCSA in Server 2012 as an entry level exam, tend to by lying and pull in customers. the fact they also say they'll help you get work afterwards is another red flag.

If you haven't paid anything, i guess you've got nothing to lose - but don't go for a site that uses braindumps, it defies all logic and devalues accreditations in IT, if you got a job based on braindump training for exams, you'll find yourself in a whole world of pain when it comes to the fact you've hit the wrong button on a server configuration and your new boss wants to know why you didn't know this having passed a server 2012 exam :)

I'd explore the refund route, and check out some of the other posts on this forum as to the ways others new in the field went - the majority of guys do self study, and it's paid off for many - myself included many years ago.

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
    Pseudonym likes this.